Wiki Posts
Search

Award Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 7:53 am
VLJ
Original Poster

Award Redemption

Wondering if something has changed significantly in the last six months in terms of searching for possible award flight options?
We have used the search engine options many many times over the last decade and usually - if you put in 'flexible with dates' it comes up with a month showing where seats are available.
I have tried a number of different locations - with varying dates and after spending hours on it seem to constantly come up with
"Qantas.com flight search error:
We are unable to find recommendations from the airlines we search. Please change your search criteria and resubmit the search. (# 66002) "
Now and then we do get a search response which has the same dates submitted previously with no response, then suddenly there will be allocation in that month.
This is an extremely frustrating system and takes so much time - at this point we have no specific set dates - thank goodness - because it would be very concerning that this is the outcome.
Also - we have booked QFF award seats on Cathay (booked back in December when the system worked a lot better) - and were thinking about changing the dates of flying but the search options are putting us off making any changes whatsoever in case it plays up while trying to make the booking.
Has there been a change with QF and Cathay because it seems far fewer award options.
Anyway - just thought those with more experience may be aware of significant changes to award redemption, thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:15 am

PM sent
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:42 am

I'm having the same problem!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.