Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New earnings from today. - codeshares [1 July 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond

Well the T&C have been updated. What is interesting is that I had not realised codeshare flights were getting an enhanced earning as well. They have gained a whole new secrion in the qantas and jetstar earnings table
http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/program/terms#jump25
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Not sure that heading in the T&C's re 'codeshare' is accurate - what does earn for travel on a GK (Jetstar) flight with a Plus Pack in Japan?

Not a codeshare ...
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Angry

Is that table correct?
So a QF codeshare operated by EK now earns less points and SCs compared to QF code/metal?
What happens to bookings made and ticketed on QF codeshare after the appearance of the original QF and Jetstar earning table and this recent one, for flights to be taken after 1 July?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by igel
So a QF codeshare operated by EK now earns less points and SCs compared to QF code/metal?
As far as earning on QFF goes, QF codeshares are still treated just like QF metal flights, irrespective of operating carrier (except where the operating carrier is Jetstar).
Old Jul 3, 2014, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have come to the belief that it is just a bad title on that section of the table. It seems to be taken from the original fairer flying table and split at that point.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: QF Gold
Is anyone else having problems with the FFP earning calculator? When I try to use it, it only allows originating port and one other. If you click the "help" button it insists that it is set up as before, where you could enter up to six segments. I have a Mac and am using Safari.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
Originally Posted by bmam7
Is anyone else having problems with the FFP earning calculator? When I try to use it, it only allows originating port and one other. If you click the "help" button it insists that it is set up as before, where you could enter up to six segments. I have a Mac and am using Safari.
Yep. When both calculators were operating in June, I tried to calculate the new SCs from PER to JFK - impossible.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Hi - could anyone report what their experience is like with QF points and SC earning rate post July 1st on QF coded/non-QF metal flights - ie QF codeshare marketed and operated by other airlines?
That codeshare table as originally reported by the OP is still in the Qantas website
On the other hand, on another page, it is stated that fares booked under the QF code earn the QF rate and QF SC.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
AFAIK, Except for some JQ metal travel in discount classes, QF Marketed flights indeed earn as per QF, irrespective of the operating Metal.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by serfty
AFAIK, Except for some JQ metal travel in discount classes, QF Marketed flights indeed earn as per QF, irrespective of the operating Metal.
That is my understanding as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.