Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Economy Seat on A380?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
At 183cm you should find row 32 ok ... although you will need to get up and stretch your legs a few times.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
What about 35K? Is it as cold as SeatGuru says?

I sat slightly back when the section was PE and didn't notice it being cold then?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:55 pm

80A/K are good but you have to board early to store your bags, as you can't have bags at your feet.

I think the upper deck would be better with the side storage if I had a choice. And you get off quickly compared to the back of economy downstairs
Old May 6, 2015, 10:40 pm

Hello! For seat 45A, does anyone have any idea how the door sticks into the legroom? Is it a small amount or quite severe? SeatGuru doesn't imply that it is bad at all. Thanks so much for your help!
Old May 8, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I've been in row 32 before (upper deck bulkhead), and I've found it pretty good (for a LOOONG flight). I choose 32A or 32K (window seat) as the bulkhead lets me get out without requiring aisle access, has a cubby by the window, and let's me lean my head with a pillow on the window to sleep.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
any opinion on row 35? is it a legit exit row with nothing in front of you?

im tempted to book. boy what a difference a few months from doing 2A in march to THIS.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by RIMemphis
Hello! For seat 45A, does anyone have any idea how the door sticks into the legroom? Is it a small amount or quite severe? SeatGuru doesn't imply that it is bad at all. Thanks so much for your help!
There is no row 45 on a QF A380...
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Aus380
There is no row 45 on a QF A380...
You're absolutely right! So sorry about that. I meant Seat 48A. Any information?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:42 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Just flew QF 7 and 8 with our family of five in the Upper Deck economy seats.

We took 35 J/K, 36 J/K, and 36F.

On SeatGuru, 4 of those 5 seats are shown in red as "bad" seats, and the other one is green/yellow.

I chose them based on research on the Australian version of Flyertalk where they rave about those Upper Deck seats.

Here's our run-down:

35 J/K - Had to pay as these are extra leg room seats. Worth it. Leg room was ENORMOUS. There is no underseat storage which wasn't an issue for us but may be for some. These seats, especially the K seat, were very very cold. I wore my lightweight down coat and a stocking cap along with a blanket and was fine; without the coat I would have been miserable. K also has no window but on a 17 hour flight, I sure didn't care.

36 J/K - No issue. SeatGuru shows "limited recline" but it was full recline for us. It also lists noise from galley and staircase as a potential issue but this was zero problem. The section is so small that the meal services were over very quickly, and there is no queue whatsoever for the bathroom. no one used the stairs.

36F was our biggest gamble. Based on AU Flyertalk, I knew that 36 D and E are considered the worst seats on the plane and would likely stay empty. There is a wall on the side of 36D so you'd be very locked in feeling. The gamble paid off as I had 36 DEF to myself on both DFW-SYD and SYD-DFW. Our family took turns sleeping flat out in this section on both flights.

Other awesome things about the Upper Deck Economy section:
- fast cabin service
- no traffic or milling about in aisles
- no queue for the bathroom
- very quiet
- eye masks, toothbrushes, and socks in the lav (but on DFW-SYD only)
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RIMemphis
You're absolutely right! So sorry about that. I meant Seat 48A. Any information?
Based on what I have heard and seen, the body of the plan curves in a few inches so you may have to turn a bit in your seat to take advantage of the extra leg room.

http://thepointsguy.com/wp-content/u...f-y.jpg?e232da
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:38 am

Hello! Thanks to everyone for their great advice. I just wanted to give a quick review on seat 48A now that I've used it. I really liked the seat. It has a ton of leg room. Although the door does bulge in quite a lot, it was set far enough back from my feet that it minimally affected me, even though I am 6 feet tall. Since the seat is at the front of economy, almost no one walked into our area; in other emergency row aisles, people seemed to be milling around and making room for each other to pass. When we arrived in Melbourne, I was the first person in downstairs economy off the plane. Returning from Australia, I sat in 35F upstairs, but I actually preferred my seat in row 48. In sum, I would happily take any seat in row 48 from now on.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: IHG Priority Club,Fairmont presidents club,Marriot rewards,SPG,Delta Privalige
Are these seats the normal fee for seat reservations and are they normally available?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Row 48, 66ABCDEF, 79BCHK, 80AK, 35DEFJK are all charged a premium for most PAX. There are others as well.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by matthandy
80A is good. 51K is good too as you have lots of legroom and you can get out of your seat without disturbing the person next to you.
Seatguru says 51K only has USB, no power plug. Is that accurate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.