Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong International Business Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong International Business Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by og
Agree - but its going to be hard to leave the CX F Wing Champagne lounge with personal service (all be it - well - subdued) - even if the role of the Champagne dragon is to stop "self servers".
Three champagnes and I will need a stroll to make room for the 4th! I don't usually find the server that bad, seems like a smile and pour scenario!
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:45 am

The steak with potatoes, parsnip and peppercorn sauce on Friday was outstanding. The other stuff that was not cooked to order was average but better then the usual Qantas offering, the deserts were excellent!

The service from a lady called Arlene was super, she really looked after us and our 9 month old baby, even bringing food and drink to our table. All other staff were smiling and friendly, shower service staff great and the showers themselves spotless. Great staff all round, I told the manager about the special service we got from Arlene and he was very happy.

The only problem was it was jammed full with no seating left and half of those there were shouting at the football match and sculling down beers as fast as possible. This made everyone else pretty uncomfortable but nothing could be done.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:05 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Shamrock55
The only problem was it was jammed full with no seating left and half of those there were shouting at the football match and sculling down beers as fast as possible. This made everyone else pretty uncomfortable but nothing could be done.
Well, it IS a Qantas lounge, and it IS Finals time for the major football codes in Australia. What did you expect? I probably would have been pretty vocal as well if it was an AFL game.

Dave
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 pm

Fair enough. Watching a footie match and drinking beers is one thing, being loud, obnoxious and downright loutish is another. The atmosphere changes pretty quick from having a laugh to actually making everyone else uncomfortable.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thanks Laxative for the great pictures!
Just wanted to add in my (late) thanks as well!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
having previously been based in HKG since the new lounge was open I would say that it was good only for an inaugural visit before returning back to CX lounges (both F and J).

food is not substantial, as with the singapore lounge there is an overemphasis on vegetable/carb heavy 'cheap' dishes which I prefer to avoid before flying - the 'plate of the day' was awful when I was there with overcooked and cold pork served up in luke warm noodles (this accompanying the hanging bbq pork which looked like old boot!)

whilst the photos look inviting the reality is that the space is not fitted out adequately and is stark and cold (polished concrete, really?) - the space gets very loud with the echo of both the pax in the lounge and at the 3 boarding gates below

in short, nice for a visit but certainly inferior to the The Bridge, The Cabin & The Pier J lounges for me all of which I find superior in F&B and warmer and more relaxing in their interiors, in addition there are no benefits for OWE offered (ie champagne) these are only for F pax.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 6:14 pm

I will be in HKG on 1/12/15. The Qantas web site indicates that the lounge hours are from 9:30 to 2330. Is this correct? If so what are the food oferings around 12 noon?

Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:12 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by jmj9905
I will be in HKG on 1/12/15. The Qantas web site indicates that the lounge hours are from 9:30 to 2330. Is this correct? If so what are the food oferings around 12 noon?
Between now and 1 December next year, who knows what will happen.

Dave
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by thadocta
Between now and 1 December next year, who knows what will happen.

Dave
I think he/she may have meant 12th Jan 2015 (noting their location)...
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:48 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by madrooster
The USA is not 100% consistent on use of month / day / year. For example, the US Customs form uses date / month / year.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:58 pm
In Memoriam

Whoosh!!!!
Old Dec 6, 2014, 8:03 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jmj9905

Thanks
It will be just the buffet which is decent. About 4 different types of salad, a pasta, a hot meat dish plus hot vegetables and rice.

Also about 4 different desserts to choose from. You can have a very good lunch without it feeling like you're eating junk lounge food.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by og
The USA is not 100% consistent on use of month / day / year. For example, the US Customs form uses date / month / year.
Not as of April 2014. The form now uses month/day/year.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:09 am

Sorry for the confusion about the date. I will be there Jan. 12, 2015.
Thanks for the information sxc.

Last edited by jmj9905; Dec 7, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:26 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Not as of April 2014. The form now uses month/day/year.
The forms I was given in late November and early December (2014) at GYE and YYZ (both at the airports and again onboard AA) had month / date / year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.