Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong International Business Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong International Business Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Originally Posted by Col Ronson
I wish i knew about this earlier. AA people were sending me to the Plaza Premium Lounge. Then again this lounge is a train ride away from the gate AA uses so that's probably why.
I'm not sure which gate AA uses, but the Plaza Lounge and the Wing are not far apart.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by jlsw7
I'm not sure which gate AA uses, but the Plaza Lounge and the Wing are not far apart.
Yes they are - they are at opposite ends of the central concourse. [Edited to add - sorry, forgot that PPL also has a lounge near gate 1. Assumed from the reference to the train in the original post talking about it that the poster was sent to the gate 40 PPL].

AA tends to leave from either mid-central concourse (25, 27, 29) or the southeast hall (41, 43, 45, 47). No need to catch the train if leaving from the mid-central concourse. Whatever gate is assigned you can easily stop by The Wing or the QF J lounge before factoring in the extra walking/train time to the gate.

Last edited by Top of climb; Jul 10, 2014 at 9:34 pm
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:59 am
Suspended

Last time I was in the Qantas lounge it was downstairs, this new lounge is actually upstairs. Can someone tell me what happened to the lounge downstairs. I was under the impression that there would be seperate F and J lounges.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by busdrivingman
Last time I was in the Qantas lounge it was downstairs, this new lounge is actually upstairs. Can someone tell me what happened to the lounge downstairs. I was under the impression that there would be seperate F and J lounges.
I don't know what has happened to the old lounge - but the new lounge I think was originally going to have 2 classes, but was changed pretty early on to mirror Singapore.

First class passengers (and top tier elites) have access to additional amenities in the HKG lounge such as champagne and reserved table space.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:31 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
.......First class passengers (and top tier elites) have access to additional amenities in the HKG lounge such as champagne and reserved table space.
Its going to have to be good to stop me going to the F Wing..
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by og
Most would suggest you to stay put in the F Wing, which quite a few of us seem to be doing.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by og
It's worth a short visit if you have time and just want to have a quick look. Otherwise save the trouble and head straight for the proper F lounge.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
Most would suggest you to stay put in the F Wing, which quite a few of us seem to be doing.
And in this thread, there are whispers of CXers heading to the QF lounge for shelter and sustenance:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ure-haven.html
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
When I entered the HKG lounge a few weeks ago, travelling J, I was asked at the desk whether I wanted to use the "turn down service" which means I would eat in the lounge, and then sleep straight away on board. I said yes.

When I boarded, the FA told me that she had been informed of my turn down request and confirmed if that was correct.
Just wondering, if you are a bit of a jabba and want to eat twice, in the lounge and on board, can this happen?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by creampuff
Just wondering, if you are a bit of a jabba and want to eat twice, in the lounge and on board, can this happen?
You can eat/drink as much as you like in the lounge (well, within reason) and then fill 'yer boots onboard as well.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:50 pm

I am usually a bit of a Qantas basher, but I found the QF HK lounge very acceptable .
the supervisor in the dining room, Naomi, is a delight and the chinese food was extremely nice.
thank goodness I ate well there as the food on the HK SYD in J was a bit sparse.

Last edited by tinkybelle; Jul 27, 2014 at 10:46 am
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
My visit to the new HKG (and on the same trip the SIN lounge too) was a couple of months ago, but I was suitably impressed. I was particularly busy at the time with the QF flights departing shortly after my visit and to conveniently placed gates I noted..
Very large, spacious and lovely differing areas to explore.
I did however retreat to the Wing for the majority of my stay there.
The SIN lounge has the BA lounge next door to compete with....well not really competing as it is miles ahead. What a lovely lounge to spend some time with.
I even mentioned the QF lounge to a couple of people in the BA lounge at the time and suggested they move over as the food offering is far superior.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:33 am

Any photo TRs including this yet? I've seen the magazine writeups with pics, but nothing beats getting the nitty gritty from an FTer.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Any photo TRs including this yet? I've seen the magazine writeups with pics, but nothing beats getting the nitty gritty from an FTer.
I took photos but didn't do a TR. Let me see if I can dig them up.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:56 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Out of the 4 outport QF lounges, I would rank them in this order; HKG, SIN, BKK, and LAX (new lounge). The food might be better at the SIN lounge, but as far as the layout, I prefer the one in HKG.

For people that have been to SIN and HKG, which one is bigger?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.