Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

question about the slide to silver and QC membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

I am on my slide down the membership levels having lost Plat currently Gold.

With the changes to the QFF program I will be channeling points and status to QR for the next few years.

I already have LTS.

I have about 18 months left on a paid QC membership from several years ago.

I know you get 3 months QC membership when you slide back to PS.

Does anyone know if this delays the reactivation of your paid QC membership by that 3 months?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
I am on my slide down the membership levels having lost Plat currently Gold.

With the changes to the QFF program I will be channeling points and status to QR for the next few years.

I already have LTS.

I have about 18 months left on a paid QC membership from several years ago.

I know you get 3 months QC membership when you slide back to PS.

Does anyone know if this delays the reactivation of your paid QC membership by that 3 months?
It does.

you get the three months for dropping Gold to Silver, then the remainder of your qantas club membership kicks in.

You will be sent a new Qantas Club card with an expiry date that includes both. When this happened to me I somehow ended up with an extra month (possibly because my QF membership was suspended halfway through a month when I reached gold)
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:17 pm

Almost in exactly the same position (LTS, Gold) - and heavily thinking of new programme. Can I ask what tipped you to QR?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sydprop
Almost in exactly the same position (LTS, Gold) - and heavily thinking of new programme. Can I ask what tipped you to QR?
VH-RMD is living in Qatar by his profile

For QF to another ffp look at the links in post 2 of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html This question has been asked a lot in the last few weeks.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 12, 2014 at 11:45 pm
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydprop
Yes, as indicated above, I am living here in Qatar for a few years. It is just too hard to maintain QFF now and I have LTS.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, QF Silver
Just in case you have not seen the option, try the AA platinum challenge in July ish once your QF membership runs out (granted that is quite a while away), for $200 you will get 20 months of OW Sapphire status (lounge access on any OW flight, Vs the QF only lounge access) assuming you can get 10,000 qualifying miles in 3 months. From there you can choose any programme you want (including AA which has some great benefits) but keep your lounge access to any OW lounge.....

Just a thought....
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
AA Plat would not grant access to AA lounges on US domestic travel only though? Just a minor point.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, QF Silver
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
AA Plat would not grant access to AA lounges on US domestic travel only though? A QF Gold would.
Correct, but as the OP is going down to Silver (so will not have Gold) QF gold would not be an option........
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by savitar
Correct, but as the OP is going down to Silver (so will not have Gold) QF gold would not be an option........
But the QP-Card will give access to the AA-Club (if needed).

How many SCs are missing for LTG?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:42 am
Original Poster

My plan is to aim for QR gold and if I don't achieve that by year end, then to use my planned MH flights over xmas/NY to do an AA plat challenge and then aim the QR gold again.

my LTSC are just over 7000 so I have LTS but a long way from LTG.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[off topic]
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
....use my planned MH flights over xmas/NY to do an AA plat challenge and then aim the QR gold again.....
IMH Unless you book as an AA codeshare (AA flight number) MH marketed flights (MH flight number) are not eligible for the AA challenge (my underlining)
From http://flyerguide.com/index.php/Challenge_%28AA%29
UPDATE: As of February 2014, US flights as well as flights marketed and operated by certain partners will also be eligible to earn points that count toward the completion of a Challenge: British Airways, Iberia, Japan Airlines and Qantas. (Cathay Pacific is notably missing.) The specific language from the challenge confirmation says "And now you have more opportunities to complete your Challenge because points earned on qualifying flights on American Airlines, American Eagle, the AmericanConnection® carrier, British Airways, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas and their eligible codeshare flights count toward your Challenge."
[/offtopic]
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:15 am
Original Poster

That's interesting.

On the AA board a question was asked about QR, who are not listed either, and were told yes they were included...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.