Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New Earning Table (esp Partner Airlines)

New Earning Table (esp Partner Airlines)

Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I think I may have finally worked out that "simple" bit.

Their message must be: "If you don't fly with us on the route we operate, we really would rather not know you. Simples." Hence "simpler"
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
AJ is simply betting people are too lazy to jump ship. When will he realise that a continual set of cuts will eventually deliver a death to a once great airline?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I think I may have finally worked out that "simple" bit.

Their message must be: "If you don't fly with us on the route we operate, we really would rather not know you. Simples." Hence "simpler"
The worst thing is, that they even cut the SCs on the routes, where I cannot fly with them!
Germany to Singapore, Hong-Kong? I could book an EK flight, but EK earns no SCs! They offer some Business Class fares on that routes coded with a QF code, but these are priced ridiculously. (5000 Euro MUC-SIN, where BA offered 2800 Euro, plus changing planes in the middle of the way).

I could understand it, when they flew FRA-SIN, but for me there are a lot of non competing routes, where I just have really been enhanced!

For my bread and butter routes (Domestic Germany deep discount with AB and Germany-LHR in CE) there are no changes at all.

Still a few SCs until LTG.

Your FFP Reassessment will Occur in Jan 2015
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
P fares in the USA

Notice that the mileage "break point" is now 1500 miles rather than 1200.

Thus transUSA flights from the NE to California which require two just over 1200 mile segments will be reduced from 120 SC each to 90 each.

The real question for me - will soft landings disappear? That's the only reason I would plan on crediting to QF. The date reset "feature" on earning higher status on CX is looking more interesting when combined with lounge access in HKG for CX Silver.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
They've "enhanced" the simplicity of the program, no doubt about it.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Leaving aside the excruciating awfulness of the phrase "more simplified", I suspect that QF would suggest that it relates to the fact that points earning will now be in flat rate zones rather than based on mileage.

The result, of course, is anything but simpler.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: MP 1P, QF Silver, WN CP, HH Diamond, PC Spire, SBUX Gold
when I read "rewards members for their spend" I panicked and thought QF pulled a DL and pts will be based on $ spent. This is just as bad.....
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:54 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Notice that the mileage "break point" is now 1500 miles rather than 1200.

Thus transUSA flights from the NE to California which require two just over 1200 mile segments will be reduced from 120 SC each to 90 each.

The real question for me - will soft landings disappear? That's the only reason I would plan on crediting to QF. The date reset "feature" on earning higher status on CX is looking more interesting when combined with lounge access in HKG for CX Silver.

Happy wandering

Fred
This will make maximising SCs using an DONEx very difficult.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by og
QF has given up on competing with partners such as CX on HKG-SYD. QF know they have a substandard product and just can't figure out how to meet the competition.
In their defence, on the A380, QF provides a (nominal) F product HKG-SYD, which CX has given up on. (SYD F lounge is pretty nice, too.)
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xaliasx
when I read "rewards members for their spend" I panicked and thought QF pulled a DL and pts will be based on $ spent. This is just as bad.....
At least the changes DL has proposed are infinitely more transparent. DL has gone down the cashback route which is not what a FF programme is actually meant to do, although they appear to have done the sums and seem happy with the new approach. In fact loyalty now means very little to DL customers, although at least their new programme is somewhat transparent about this.

In contrast QF however have taken the hook turn approach, and completely gone down the path of obscurification. It will backfire on them, although those in their FF management team will probably be laughing at this thread. For most people, it will now make sense to just buy the product you want at the price you can afford and forget about FF benefits, especially as the aspirational parts of the programme are being torn up.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: UA-1K >1MM ,QF Platinum,HH-Diamond,Marriott-Gold
It is sad---as just made QF P after suffering United for so long...and felt better supporting an Australian icon---but as now US based and AA still looking attractive despite the merger..........maybe that is the way to go....
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:03 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Seems again that QF is emulating what LH is doing which introduced similar changes to their program. If that logic holds its just a question of time until the cheap business fares will earn at economy level.

Ont thing QF will do with this move is reduce the number of elites. Not significant but it is getting harder so lounges should become a bit less crowded in 2015.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by og
Another step closer to QF withdrawing from OW.
Followed by repeal of the Sale Act, separation into domestic and international arms, and a large equity investment from EK?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
It will backfire on them, although those in their FF management team will probably be laughing at this thread. For most people, it will now make sense to just buy the product you want at the price you can afford and forget about FF benefits, especially as the aspirational parts of the programme are being torn up.
They way DL is going, I doubt anything will happen. Not enough competition.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Seems again that QF is emulating what LH is doing which introduced similar changes to their program. If that logic holds its just a question of time until the cheap business fares will earn at economy level.

Ont thing QF will do with this move is reduce the number of elites. Not significant but it is getting harder so lounges should become a bit less crowded in 2015.
LH is still much worse. QF halved the Partner Statuscredits "only" for competitive routes, where LH just Quartered the earning on TK and halved their own earning in "discounted but too expensive" Eco and Business Class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.