Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

using complimentary qantas club passes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

Hope you can help me. I have a few questions:

1. Can I use my complimentary qantas club passes if flying emirates? I have 2 complimentary one-use passes valid for when we leave Australia but we are flying Emirates out of Brisbane to Dubai - can we still use them to go into the QC lounge in Brisbane? Has the friendship between Qantas and Emirates stretched that far yet?

2. Alternatively, can we use them in Dubai in the QC lounge on the way to Venice?

3. We have a flight from LAX leaving from Terminal 4 back to Brisbane. I have used a lounge there before and wasn't overly impressed. Has it improved? I have heard Qantas are doing upgrades at LAX. Is there a Qantas lounge in Terminal 4 - perhaps that is the one we were in. How many lounges are in T4? Our tickets from LAX back to Brisbane are with Qantas and not Emirates. Everyone has told us that the Tom Bradley lounge is the one to use but I don't think it is in Terminal 4 and we probably can't go from one terminal to another. I think we used the Admiral's lounge when we were in LAX last time but I can't be sure...

We only have the one set of complimentary passes so I want to use them wisely ...

Thanks heaps for your help.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
I would use them LAX-BNE because of the late departure. Unless you get a day room at your hotel you will have the chance to freshen up with a shower.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:16 pm

Usually you can only use them in Qantas operated lounges, Qantas Club domestic and International Business lounges when travelling on a Qantas or Jetstar flight. QF uses EK lounge in DXB so no and it's a one world lounge in LAX and due to the fact it is so crowded, the answer will most likely be no there as well.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
You can use a pass in Qantas Club lounges and Qantas International Business lounges.

They cannot be used at non-Qantas operated lounges, nor at Qantas Domestic Business lounges.

QF use the Emirates Business Class lounge at DXB, so you cannot use the pass there.

QF use the joint-operated oneworld lounge at LAX, so it's a bit unclear whether you can use it there. The lounge is joint-operated by BA, CX and QF, but as it is neither branded as a Qantas Club nor a Qantas International Business lounge, I doubt you could use it.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver
So jumping on the whole QF/EK bandwagon here.

If I have a QF ticket flight and my flight number is QF8413 (EK metal) could I still use these passes?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: Qantas, Virgin
Originally Posted by Genius1
QF use the joint-operated oneworld lounge at LAX, so it's a bit unclear whether you can use it there.
On the Qantas website about the LAX lounge it is specifically stated: (last line at the bottom)

Note: Complimentary invitations cannot be used in the Los Angeles oneworld lounge.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:04 am

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
I'm not wanting to hijack this thread but my question is on a similar topic. I've a complimentary QC pass but I'm curious to know, can I bring a guest? Usually I'm travelling with someone so a single pass is actually quite useless. Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The compimentary pass allows the holder of the pass in to the lounge - it doesn't afford guest access
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The compimentary pass allows the holder of the pass in to the lounge - it doesn't afford guest access
Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:20 pm

Can I use a QF lounge pass when flying QF metal but EK ticketed?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It depends on the flight number. QFnnn would be ok.

"Ticketed" refers to the ticket number (EK one's start with 176- and QF ones start with 081-) and is not relevant for the question.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:14 pm

Sorry, what I meant was EK flight number but operated by QF.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:16 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hrs027
Sorry, what I meant was EK flight number but operated by QF.

Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:37 am
VLJ

I didn't realise it wasn't for Domestic Business Lounges, am sure we have used them before.
Anyway - what about if you are flying internationally but with a domestic departure i.e. Perth-Sydney-Wellington.

As the departure is from a domestic terminal am assuming it can't be used?
Seems a bit unfortunate though because living in Perth we often have to fly east before departing internationally, especially if we want to fly on Qantas.
I have quite a few passes and we are flying in a couple of weeks, would be nice to use them.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I take it your point is "Just read the damn thing". I'm with you brother (or sister).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.