Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by scrappydog
QF426 MEL-SYD on A330 Business Suites

Even if its just over an hour flight, i still want to try the new product..
Would be a nice transition from SQ F seats from MNL-SIN-MEL

Haven't tried QF Lounge, but is there a separate lounge from Qantas Club?
The entry to the domestic business lounge in MEL is inside the QC lounge. Enjoy the biz product. I think you'll be disappointed your flight is so short!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: KrisFlyer QPPS, Enrich Silver, QF WP
Originally Posted by scrappydog
Sorry LinaLee but your flight is not on the new business suites

Is there no point hoping for a last minute change of plane to the new seats?

Old Nov 16, 2015, 1:03 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by LinaLee
Is there no point hoping for a last minute change of plane to the new seats?

The is every chance of a change. The change can be good or bad. For a while the 17:00 SYD-MEL was scheduled as the 333 and the 3 or 4 flights either side of it were 738s. Now the 333 is operating the 16:30 flight. So you'd be less than happy if you were chasing the 333 without having a very flexible ticket.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer QPPS, Enrich Silver, QF WP
Originally Posted by og
The is every chance of a change. The change can be good or bad. For a while the 17:00 SYD-MEL was scheduled as the 333 and the 3 or 4 flights either side of it were 738s. Now the 333 is operating the 16:30 flight. So you'd be less than happy if you were chasing the 333 without having a very flexible ticket.
So, I'll keep my fingers crossed until the last minute then resign myself to the lesser product. Not that it is worst than the Singapore Airlines offering.

At least there's 333 on your route domestic, Brisbane to Sydney/Melbourne, we will be celebrating if we get the new 738s. But it's only some flights if you're lucky.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:21 pm

Just bumping this up again, does anyone know when QPF is due out of the shop? It has been in since 5 October so I would have thought it should be almost finished (a D-Check I assume?).

We are heading home on QF20 on 14 December and it is still showing a refurbished aircraft but I would love another to be in operation by then to increase the chances!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by GoodnightWalter
We are heading home on QF20 on 14 December and it is still showing a refurbished aircraft but I would love another to be in operation by then to increase the chances!
Seriously, if you are worried, why don't you simply fly CX or SQ?!

This constant nonsense about refurb'ed aircraft has been going for over TWO YEARS!!!

I would assume MNL and HNL will be the routes of least concern to the incompetent muppets at Qf HQ...

...(similarly those of you travelling Australia east coast to Perth - just travel on VA with the new A330 business product as earmarked on their booking page...)

Last edited by Platy; Dec 3, 2015 at 10:17 pm
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:04 pm

F%*k I didn't expect to be abused about a post.

I am hoping it is a new aircraft because it would be nice - simple as that. We are very happy to be flying home on QF regardless of the aircraft and when you work for an organisation that has a best fare of the day policy you take what you are given.

So to not offend Platy again here it is without the second paragraph:

Just bumping this up again, does anyone know when QPF is due out of the shop? It has been in since 5 October so I would have thought it should be almost finished (a D-Check I assume?).
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by GoodnightWalter
F%*k I didn't expect to be abused about a post.

I am hoping it is a new aircraft because it would be nice - simple as that. We are very happy to be flying home on QF regardless of the aircraft and when you work for an organisation that has a best fare of the day policy you take what you are given.

So to not offend Platy again here it is without the second paragraph:

You post didn't offend me, nor was my post intended to be personally offensive towards you.

The point being made (not directed at you) is that QF has protracted the announcement and roll out of their new biz seats for 2.25 years.

In so doing they have created confusion and concern in scores of their customers who desperately want to know if their flight will be one of the "lucky" ones.

Even where customers have checked their seat maps and other resources (such as Expertflyer) many (on this thread) report that aircraft are being swapped over at the last minute.

It intrigues me that customers don't simply take another airline with reliably supplied product, but many appear blindly slavish to QF, which may not even offer the best fare on the day. Again not directed specifically at you, but an evident pattern of behaviour.

And, to be fair, once a customer is doing the maths to try to calculate the odds of a new seat based on whether a certain individual aircraft is out of refit and those odds aren't going to change much even if it is, surely the whole thing is getting somewhat farcical (in the homourous not vindictive sense): monty pythonesque absurd with the QF marketing fool having the last laugh!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:01 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some years ago people would seemingly want to kill to be on a SkyBed Mk 1 seat - the very seats that are so deeply despised now. Of course the old seats were the Dream Time (recliners) which used to be the state of the art until the flat sloping SkyBeds were introduced - but IIRC were advertised for a couple of years before the average Biz punter got to sit in one.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by og
Some years ago people would seemingly want to kill to be on a SkyBed Mk 1 seat - the very seats that are so deeply despised now. Of course the old seats were the Dream Time (recliners) which used to be the state of the art until the flat sloping SkyBeds were introduced - but IIRC were advertised for a couple of years before the average Biz punter got to sit in one.
All good points.

That said, QF doesn't have to create a lottery situation whilst boldly promoting the new product, even if we accept its choice of a protracted refit timetable.

It has been reported, for example, that BA compensated passengers (50,000 Avios (?))who ended up on their old first product whilst rolling out the new first product.

VA seems able to highlight those flights with "the business" on their booking engine (although others may be able to report any late aircraft changes to 737s in practice).

As the proportion of aircraft with the new seats becomes the significant majority, the more unfortunate it becomes for customers expecting the new seat do end up on an old seat...there is a very big difference between an old and new seat on a Perth / East coast run priced at $2,000 plus one way...

...I guess HNL will be last as always...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:15 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Platy

...I guess HNL will be last as always...
No competition. QF know they will fill Biz to the extent that they won't release an award seat even with J C D I inventory at 9 and no allocated seats according to the EF seat diagram. JQ or HA anybody?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by og
No competition. QF know they will fill Biz to the extent that they won't release an award seat even with J C D I inventory at 9 and no allocated seats according to the EF seat diagram. JQ or HA anybody?
True enough.

However, if you are prepared for one stop, note that NZ to start 787-900 AKL-HNL from 10 May 2016.

It's not clear whether QF will have new seats on A330 to HNL in time for such competition.

I, for one, would be happy to travel on the 777s/787s of NZ to get to HNL from BNE or SYD and book the credits / points to VA or SQ assuming comparable price for a Mk 1 Skybed on QF3/4.

PS. HA to upgrade its fleet to new first class from Q2 2016....hurry up QF!
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by og
Ha! It's a YMMV here.

For mine: Skybed Mk1 > Dreamtime > Sky bed Mk 2 - the latter have that droop that has the feeling of sleeping on a broken banana lounge. I don;t mind the SkySlope of Mk1 ...

Last edited by serfty; Dec 5, 2015 at 6:47 pm
Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Think serfty is being a little disingenuous there, even with the droop the angle on MkII is much less than MkI, and I have found a well place carryon bag can easily fix any droop.

In any even the MkIs will be shortly gone (only QPG,QPH,QPJ,EBG,EBL left)

Apart from the orphan 747s (OEB,OJM) which look like hanging around until late 2017 when the 787-9s arrive.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Platy

PS. HA to upgrade its fleet to new first class from Q2 2016....hurry up QF!
Yes, but while the new HA seats look fantastic, in their 2x2x2 configuration they are no match for QF's latest 1x2x1 J seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.