Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Transit passenger experience DXB for QF1/2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit passenger experience DXB for QF1/2

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:27 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Yes, any specific questions regarding transit in DXB?
Yes, thank you:
  • Is there a priority line for first and business or one also exclusively for first?
  • How much time do you have in the F lounge?
  • Are there any tips/tricks you might suggest? Perhaps a way to avoid the wait at the elevator to get back on board (as mentioned in this thread)?
  • Anything not to be missed in the F lounge? My first time in DXB, on QF and in the EK lounge.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:50 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
*Is there a priority line for first and business or one also exclusively for first?

No.

*How much time do you have in the F lounge?

Depends on how early the arrival flight is and when you opt to board (early or late in the process). Could be less than 30 minutes in the lounge, or well over an hour.

*Are there any tips/tricks you might suggest? Perhaps a way to avoid the wait at the elevator to get back on board (as mentioned in this thread)?

Board late to avoid waiting at the elevator.

*Anything not to be missed in the F lounge? My first time in DXB, on QF and in the EK lounge.

If you want a shower visit these on arrival at the lounge. They are in high demand and at busy times you may need to wait for a shower.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
*Is there a priority line for first and business or one also exclusively for first?

No.

*How much time do you have in the F lounge?

Depends on how early the arrival flight is and when you opt to board (early or late in the process). Could be less than 30 minutes in the lounge, or well over an hour.

*Are there any tips/tricks you might suggest? Perhaps a way to avoid the wait at the elevator to get back on board (as mentioned in this thread)?

Board late to avoid waiting at the elevator.

*Anything not to be missed in the F lounge? My first time in DXB, on QF and in the EK lounge.

If you want a shower visit these on arrival at the lounge. They are in high demand and at busy times you may need to wait for a shower.
One more thing to add to this list.
When you exit the lift turn right and go into the spa to book a complimentary treatment before proceeding to the main lounge entrance in the opposite direction.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:33 am

When you exit the lift turn right and go into the spa to book a complimentary treatment before proceeding to the main lounge entrance in the opposite direction.
The spa won't be open if they're on the SYD-DXB-LHR as the spa closes at 2100 and the QF1 gets in too late.

I'm very surprised that DXB doesn't have a dedicated F/J security line.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by SYDSiderFlyer
There is a priority line at the transit security checks but in practice it usually seems to be closed or if open is not policed in any obvious way. There are multiple security check areas and it may make sense to walk past a busy one further along the terminal..
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SYDSiderFlyer
Quote:

The spa won't be open if they're on the SYD-DXB-LHR as the spa closes at 2100 and the QF1 gets in too late.

Never experienced the spa being closed at any time of the day/night while transiting DXB on QF 1/2/9/10
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:39 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
There is a priority line at the transit security checks but in practice it usually seems to be closed or if open is not policed in any obvious way. There are multiple security check areas and it may make sense to walk past a busy one further along the terminal..
Sounds like a good tip, essentially if the first one you come to seems busy, keep walking... any specific direction, or will it seem obvious?

Never experienced the spa being closed at any time of the day/night while transiting DXB on QF 1/2/9/10
Great news! Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by b8b
Sounds like a good tip, essentially if the first one you come to seems busy, keep walking... any specific direction, or will it seem obvious?
The terminals are long straight buildings - it will be obvious which way you can walk - and will depend on where your arriving gate is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.