Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Old Mar 15, 2015, 2:52 pm

I recently booked a DXB-SYD-CHC QF F award using AA miles.

I thought the most recent policy is to NOT give Chauffeur service to those on partner award tickets - but I was able to reserve a Chauffeur for both DXB and CHC, with both bookings confirmed! ^

Any chance that it'll get taken away closer to departure?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:53 am

Just booked and ticketed CBR-BNE-DXB on QF/EK on 081 stock. EK says contact QF for CD (interestingly EK showing chauffeur drives bookable online for BNE-DXB despite the layover being just 2 hours). QF website says no. I'll call QF and report back.

Update: after clearing cache, tried QF one more time and all is well.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:11 am
VLJ

Hi, we are about to leave for our holidays and have Singapore-Dubai-Milan on Emirates in Business Class.
We also have Geneva-Dubai-Perth in Business - all tickets are Qantas FF award seats.
We have booked through the QF site the chauffeur drive Singapore to Changi, with Milan pickup and take us to our hotel in Lake Como.
The return flights via Geneva we have pickup booked for Montreux which is further than the allowable kms - it mentions we are to pay the difference to the driver, can anyone confirm this is usually the case?
We also have chauffeur pickup on arrival back in Perth to our home.
When we go to the Emirates site which has the airline tickets there is no mention of chauffeur drive booked.
Who will confirm with us other than the piece of paper we have which shows the QF booking? Should we expect a call prior?
Also can you please advise if we should tip the drivers in any of these locations.
Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:49 pm

A quick question as to the process of Qantas CD

I have seen that either Qantas or the limo company call 24-48 hours in advance to confirm the booking.

In the event I don't have phone access - if they can not confirm with me, will they still arrive?

I assume that the one CD booking should be sufficient to take two pax (separate PNRs)

Rather than ordering two CDs
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:51 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Yes, one CD will work for two pax... at least, worked for me.

I didn't get called, and I didn't have a # they could reach me on as I was in the air most of the way there... they still showed up at the designated hotel at the right time. I just let the bellman know they were coming and to find me in the lobby when they did.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by b8b
Yes, one CD will work for two pax... at least, worked for me.

I didn't get called, and I didn't have a # they could reach me on as I was in the air most of the way there... they still showed up at the designated hotel at the right time. I just let the bellman know they were coming and to find me in the lobby when they did.
Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by VLJ
Hi, we are about to leave for our holidays and have Singapore-Dubai-Milan on Emirates in Business Class.
We also have Geneva-Dubai-Perth in Business - all tickets are Qantas FF award seats.
We have booked through the QF site the chauffeur drive Singapore to Changi, with Milan pickup and take us to our hotel in Lake Como.
The return flights via Geneva we have pickup booked for Montreux which is further than the allowable kms - it mentions we are to pay the difference to the driver, can anyone confirm this is usually the case?
We also have chauffeur pickup on arrival back in Perth to our home.
When we go to the Emirates site which has the airline tickets there is no mention of chauffeur drive booked.
Who will confirm with us other than the piece of paper we have which shows the QF booking? Should we expect a call prior?
Also can you please advise if we should tip the drivers in any of these locations.
Thanks.
You should have booked all CD on EK because that's the operating carrier. Tipping isn't mandatory, it's really up to you. (there's a long thread on this on the EK forum).
Old Jun 5, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: QF QP
Last year I had a mixed QF/EK itinerary. Some QF flight numbers on both EK and QF metal and out of VIE, EK flight number on EK metal (no codeshare out of VIE)
I booked CD via the QF website and all I had was the QF paper confirming the bookings. Nothing ever appeared on the EK website until 24 hrs before the flight out of VIE.
The car service rang 48 hrs before the SYD departure but no call in VIE.
All the cars turned up at the requested times. And drivers were waiting at the arrival airports.
I had backup phone numbers in case something went wrong, but I should have trusted that the system does work.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:44 am
VLJ

Yes the system does work - all our flight bookings were made with Qantas and QF awards. I did call and the Qantas consultant advised they should be booked through the 'Manage my Booking' on their site - NOT through the Emirates website. We did that - got the printed confirmation from Qantas but nothing from Emirates.
On the Emirates website closer to the date there were still no bookings listed - so while we were in Switzerland we called the Emirates contact number - and while there were no CD bookings on the Manage my Booking link - they did have the information for pickups and drop offs.
As for the extra mileage - we had to pay 3.1 Swiss Francs per km extra over and above the allowable distance. We did find however that when we went to pay the driver for the extra mileage plus a reasonable tip - he didn't have suitable change for our offering - which meant he would get more if we gave him the notes offered due to not having the change. So best to have enough cash in the denominations you want so you don't feel obliged to give more.
Only one call to us of all the CD bookings (in Singapore) - did not hear from the others prior but the website contact confirmed them.
All drivers turned up at least 15 mins to 30 mins early.
Great service offered, saved us a lot of time and money.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by tng11
I recently booked a DXB-SYD-CHC QF F award using AA miles.

I thought the most recent policy is to NOT give Chauffeur service to those on partner award tickets - but I was able to reserve a Chauffeur for both DXB and CHC, with both bookings confirmed! ^

Any chance that it'll get taken away closer to departure?
Was the Chauffeur Drive honoured when you travelled tng11? I have upcoming flights in F on QF1 and have been able to book transfers via Manage My Booking.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:56 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by paulmcgrath
Was the Chauffeur Drive honoured when you travelled tng11? I have upcoming flights in F on QF1 and have been able to book transfers via Manage My Booking.
Note that the OP's posting was 17 months ago and they may not be following this thread any more ...
Old Aug 13, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by paulmcgrath
Weird I'm in the same boat and compared to last year there's no sign of the offering in manage my booking. If you see it though you're good to go!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
I'm going to be staying in Dubai at the Atlantis and they offer a complimentary airport transfer with the room i booked for my family. Is there any benefit to using the QF/EK chauffeur drive like them handling our checked luggage for us vs. the hotel transportation? I think the hotel provides a Cadillac Escalade for our family size which seemed nicer than what I think the chauffeur drive vehicle is.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

deleted
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:25 am

The Qantas connect actual experience is another matter!!

Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
I gotta say- If Qantas does something, they usually do it well ^

I just went into my booking to Europe coming up in early April and the facility to book the chauffeur drive service as well as Dubai connect is now available. Both went super smooth and easy, very neat user interface and no initial hick ups at all. Now I only hope the actual experience will be as good as the booking process. Well done, Qantas!
We took them up on the offer of free accommodation offer on the way back from Europe recently after staying in the Concourse A hotel on the way over (connection time too short by an hour fppr the freebie going over). The free hotel was quite underwhelming (you pay for what you get) with a very long walk just to get into the queue for the very crowded bus, then another long queue to get to the hotel reception and room; and then the reverse for the next morning. If there are a couple of you just book the hotel inside the terminal for $A200 (A$100 each well worth it, and have b'fast in the lounge).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.