FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Qantas upgrades Business Class sleep experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1397191-qantas-upgrades-business-class-sleep-experience.html)

Platinum A332 Oct 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Qantas upgrades Business Class sleep experience

Link here: http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/qanta...ience/5/137642

Modest, but decent improvements (not enhancements :p) - I hope these are all available when I fly mid November!

Key Improvements
New Amenity Kits <--- not a big deal
- New Qantas Business Amenity Kits (designed by Kate Spade New York and Jack Spade) Kate Spade New York and Jack Spade have teamed with Qantas to develop an exclusive new amenity kit for the Qantas Business traveller. The Ladies kit features a slim line travel pouch with an exclusive City Lights print by Kate Spade New York. The Male kit features a distinctive, modern travel pouch design by Jack Spade. Each kit also includes a selection of luxury Malin+Goetz skin care products as well as comfort items, including an eyemask, ear plugs, socks and an environmentally friendly biodegradable toothbrush with toothpaste.
Duvet, Mattress and T2 Tea <--- This is a plus
- Duvet Sleep Service Qantas’ new sleep service will offer customers a mattress, duvet, and a special T2 wellbeing tea blend designed to encourage sleep. On shorter night flights Qantas will introduce an express breakfast service to give customers even more sleep time.
Select on Q <--- Expanded beyond the LAX trial
- Qantas Select on Q - Eat Qantas’ Select on Q - Eat allows Business customers to select their preferred meal service online 72 to 24 hours prior to departure. By pre-ordering their meal, customers are given access to a wider range of supper choices. Customers can also advise via Select on Q - Eat if they would like to skip the supper service, so cabin crew know they want to go to sleep straightaway.

m4yb Oct 14, 2012 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Platinum A332 (Post 19491104)
- Duvet Sleep Service Qantas’ new sleep service will offer customers a mattress, duvet, and a special T2 wellbeing tea blend designed to encourage sleep.

After reading the "disgusting things" thread, I sincerely hope these mattresses and duvets get fully sanitized between each use....

redslert Oct 14, 2012 9:11 am

Select on Q sounds like a cost saving for them.

Blackcloud Oct 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by redslert (Post 19493472)
Select on Q sounds like a cost saving for them.

Yes it can be that but I look at it as an enhancement to the experience.
Why do people see the negative with QF changes while airlines like SQ get rave reviews for doing things like "Book the Cook"?

moa999 Oct 14, 2012 3:51 pm

AusBT with photos of duvet and amenity kit

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-tweak...w-amenity-kits

og Oct 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud (Post 19495063)
Why do people see the negative with QF changes while airlines like SQ get rave reviews for doing things like "Book the Cook"?

Because people are sick and tired of QF beating them on the head with disruptions, inconsistencies and a FF program seen as poor value for money. Lots of good things are easily forgotten when one bad thing irritates.

number_6 Oct 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Where in the world is QF finding the space to hold all those mattress pads and duvets? The much fewer F pads/duvets take up a huge amount of closet space. Maybe this is why QF removed the J lavs, to create duvet storage areas?

matthandy Oct 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by number_6 (Post 19495923)
Where in the world is QF finding the space to hold all those mattress pads and duvets?

A good question. Perhaps just in the overhead lockers?

These improvements sound good. I'll be looking forward to be able to sleep more comfortably when I travel back to the UK in December.

og Oct 14, 2012 10:44 pm

It means slower bar & cabin service with the stuffing around to make up the beds - and probably chaos as everyone prepares for landing. But then again with the enhanced toilet experience, there will be plenty of time to put it all away because of the now longer wait for the toilets.

matthandy Oct 14, 2012 11:24 pm

og you have a knack for finding a positive spin to something you see as negative. You should work in marketing. :D

shillard Oct 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Why do people see the negative with QF changes....?

Experience.

Jorgen Oct 17, 2012 8:29 am

Personally I think one of the minor pleasures of a long flight is getting on the plane, perusing the menu, and deciding what you want to eat. Given a long time with not much to do, the brief distraction of puzzling my altitude-addled brain over whether it wants the chicken or the beef is a couple of minutes I'd be loath to shift to spend on the ground 72 hours ahead of time.

I haven't looked at the SQ Book The Cook option but I've looked at it on Thai Airways. Seeing the options on the ground made me realise that the food in Thai Royal First is depressingly similar to the seven-buck Thai restaurant near my office...

lokijuh Oct 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jorgen (Post 19512624)
Personally I think one of the minor pleasures of a long flight is getting on the plane, perusing the menu, and deciding what you want to eat. Given a long time with not much to do, the brief distraction of puzzling my altitude-addled brain over whether it wants the chicken or the beef is a couple of minutes I'd be loath to shift to spend on the ground 72 hours ahead of time.

It's not at all about the decision/distraction, it's mainly about the expanded choice, and more importantly ensuring you don't end up with something you don't want, because all the other choices are taken (I don't know about on QF, but on SQ high tiers get first dibs, so it's not a problem for them, but a nobody sitting up the back of J may miss out on their first choice).

shillard Oct 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Looking forward to the provision of bedpans with the duvets following the toilet "enhancement". Those DJ miles on Air NZ are looking good....

correctioncx Oct 18, 2012 1:35 am

It sounds great - Especially the Jack Spade bags!!