Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points plus pay - then credit to AA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Points plus pay - then credit to AA?

I am planning a flight LAX-SYD sometime in November - I'd like to book this using points plus pay, but, with the miles flown credited to AAdvantage. I know I'd have be logged into my qantas frequent flyer account to book the flight, but am wondering if it is possible to change to my AAdvantage number later?
(I need the Aadvantage points to maintain gold status, and booking an AA flight is pretty expensive)
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
That can be done for QF P&P segments as long as the fare bucket would earn with AAdvantage.

Changing to the AA number can be done by calling Qantas and having them remove it or sometime by using the Finnair website to access your booking.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Serfty, now I just need to research how to find the fare bucket before booking the ticket. it doesn't seem immediately visible..
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:44 pm

Not sure about the booking class otherwise, and have never attempted what you're trying to do. From memory a points plus pay at the minimum level (i.e. from award inventory), is booked in the respective award bucket (X for Eco, U for Biz, P for First).

As for changing the FF number post ticketing, here's a nifty trick that allows me to change FF# on OW bookings: access the booking from rj.com. There you can change it to another OW airline, or in the case of a non-listed QF partner (like EK for example), reset it there so that you could set it again on Qantas.com
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
sometime by using the Finnair website to access your booking.
If I recall correctly, on Finnair you can change it to another OW carrier but not reset it.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
You could credit your miles to AA regardless of your payment method as long as your fare class is eligible to earn
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Auscal
Thanks Serfty, now I just need to research how to find the fare bucket before booking the ticket. it doesn't seem immediately visible..
Qantas seem to believe the the "mushroom principle" when it comes to their clients (PAX):

See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...l#post20997213

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.