Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas upgrades Business Class sleep experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas upgrades Business Class sleep experience

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage, QFF, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Having done the U.S. east coast to Australia flights many times I concur with serfty, eat then sleep.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:23 am

It seems like the night flight will be fully on the upper deck and very sparse on the lower deck. Any thoughts as to retaining our upper deck seats vs going into the nose of the plane and perhaps having a more quiet environment and better service?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:23 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by bmchris
It seems like the night flight will be fully on the upper deck and very sparse on the lower deck. Any thoughts as to retaining our upper deck seats vs going into the nose of the plane and perhaps having a more quiet environment and better service?
Seat map is no indication of load, surprisingly many corporate J pax do not bother to have seat pre-assigned. Chances are downstairs will be full at flight time so don't base your decision on just the seat map; look at loads. Also QF's new "upgrade at the gate" policy has definitely resulted in fuller J cabin with more upgrades getting processed at the last minute. What date are you traveling? J loads have been high recently.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:32 pm

Tomorrow night - QF16.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by bmchris
Tomorrow night - QF16.
USA or BNE time?

Loadings are wide open in all classes on both the 6th and the 7th:

J9 C9 D9 I9 W9 R9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G0 X9 E0

If you are travelling on the 6th, then 3E/F are good seats for a couple and are available or you may try to snaffle exit 14J/K.

On 7th zone A is nearly empty, on 6th it is empty.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: QF Gold
Am I being harsh or is the 'enhanced' supper service in J fairly rubbish? Specifically QF52 SIN-BNE with a 19.55 departure.

I thought this would be a dinner service for that time departure, or at least an express dinner service on one tray which would be fine. But it is literally just one plate. No bread rolls, salad, starter, dessert, or any fulfilling options available to pre-order for the main. Luckily there were some special additional options onboard but not for pre-ordering.

It felt cheap, even the BA sleeper services from JFK I'm sure do the 3 courses, well at least a proper main choice and dessert. It's just served quickly which is perfect.

Breakfast was also not worth waking up for. So given not everyone will have a chance to eat in the lounge after a day working in Singa's, has a decent meal service been enhanced away? It's been at least a year since I've flown that specific route.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:04 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wellsy
Am I being harsh or is the 'enhanced' supper service in J fairly rubbish? Specifically QF52 SIN-BNE with a 19.55 departure.

I thought this would be a dinner service for that time departure, or at least an express dinner service on one tray which would be fine. But it is literally just one plate. No bread rolls, salad, starter, dessert, or any fulfilling options available to pre-order for the main. Luckily there were some special additional options onboard but not for pre-ordering.

It felt cheap, even the BA sleeper services from JFK I'm sure do the 3 courses, well at least a proper main choice and dessert. It's just served quickly which is perfect.

Breakfast was also not worth waking up for. So given not everyone will have a chance to eat in the lounge after a day working in Singa's, has a decent meal service been enhanced away? It's been at least a year since I've flown that specific route.
I believe the catering in the SIN lounge was designed to assist with this, but pax seem to be very unhappy.

That said, I consider BA's 'Dining Room' at JFK very, very underwhelming.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: QF Gold
Yeah I think the whole lounge + supper combination doesn't quite work. It may work well connecting off an LHR flight - but then that's not the target market anymore!

That said I thought the lounge itself and food there was excellent. Along with the new mattress and quilt - slept like a baby. Even on the oldest 747 in the fleet.

It hasn't bothered me before but the continual references to Rockpool and Neil Perry only irked me further!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.