Qantas upgrades Business Class sleep experience

Subscribe
Quote: Looking forward to the provision of bedpans with the duvets following the toilet "enhancement". Those DJ miles on Air NZ are looking good....
They could always introduce the Skybed Mk III with built in commode
I'm annoyed about the reduction in lavs for J class. QF has told me "feedback on the whole has been positive"- from whom I ask..the Y class pax who now get to sit upstairs???

Secondly, why are we going to the USA, with all due respect, to have our amenity kits made? Whats wrong with an Australian designer using Australian products? Reeks of the John Travolta safety video.

I have traveled Royal Brunei who offer full duvet and full sized pillows (besides the small pillow on yr seat as you board as well as standard J class thin blanket). They stowed them away nicely and were very efficient in their service regardless. Further, Virgin craplantic also provide same thing and do it well thus I wouldn't panic too much.

The jury is out as far as I'm concerned until I try the service and note the attitude of the crew who now have another service item to provide.

CJ
Interesting how some are complaining about an F product standard being brought into J class.

When on BA or EK F, or even VA J Class, I ask the FA to make up my bed, and I use the bathroom. The same when I want the duvet and sheets removed.
Any word on when these changes will roll out? Was on QF94 the other day and there wasn't anything different. Have another flight coming up in a week and am curious if I'll see it then
Quote: Any word on when these changes will roll out? Was on QF94 the other day and there wasn't anything different. Have another flight coming up in a week and am curious if I'll see it then
Started yesterday: http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-sleep...n=home-flipper
Around 1st Dec is when QF93/94 will be getting it apparently.
Quote: Around 1st Dec is when QF93/94 will be getting it apparently.
Bummer - have a round trip next week on those. Will see how it goes in December, I guess.
I just received a QFF email highlighting the business class sleep service on the London-Sydney route.

But this route is now via DXB, right? It leaves LHR around 1030 at night and its less than 7 hours to DXB, arriving before 530am according to a UK-oriented body clock. So that's less than 4 hours sleep allowing for takeoff/meal service/landing procedures. Maybe its just me but I find it hard to get excited about having a duvet and my bed made for this sector.

Come to think of it....not excited about doing this sector at all ! I fly direct to Sydney 1-2 times a year.... in either direction, the LHR-DXB leg is relatively short but it is at a time you want to be sleeping if your body is coming off, or going onto, UK time. I guess if I was still a young and exciteable backpacker I wouldnt care... (but then, I couldnt afford J as a backpacker either !)
No sign of this service on the 128 yesterday. Bit disappointed to be honest. How many months does it take to load up some duvets? Not that I would have used it because the cabin was so damn hot. Also the meal service took almost three hours to complete from take off, not great on a 9 hour night flight.
Quote: No sign of this service on the 128 yesterday. Bit disappointed to be honest. How many months does it take to load up some duvets? Not that I would have used it because the cabin was so damn hot. Also the meal service took almost three hours to complete from take off, not great on a 9 hour night flight.
Why would you be disappointed? At present it's only QF107/108 then 'will then be extended to other overnight runs including Melbourne-Los Angeles flights as well as the long haul to London.' as per the AusBT article.

It is not offered, nor advertised to be offered on QF128.
Quote: It is not offered, nor advertised to be offered on QF128.
Sorry, I didn't read all of the finer details of the article

If that is the case then I don't understand why it is only selected night flights.
Quote: No sign of this service on the 128 yesterday. ........... Also the meal service took almost three hours to complete from take off, not great on a 9 hour night flight.
I can relate to that (the 3 hr meal service). I'm on CX next month specifically because of QF's delays in getting the evening meal service underway and their insistence on 2 hr start to breakfast before landing. Oh, and as for heavy duvet, well, that'd be good for sleeping on with a nice light blanket over me - given the QF cabin temperatures seem set to "simmer".
Actually, the article does not specifically exclude other services:

"The programme, which includes duvets and a special doze-inducing tea in an effort to help travellers sleep better, will then be extended to other overnight runs including Melbourne-Los Angeles flights as well as the long haul to London."

It then goes on further to say:

"Qantas says that on shorter night flights, an express breakfast service will 'give customers even more sleep time.'"

I don't believe that I'm wrong in making the assumption that this service is expected to be rolled out on all night flights.

What about the amenity kits? Different on different flights? That does not make sense to me.
Quote: Oh, and as for heavy duvet, well, that'd be good for sleeping on with a nice light blanket over me - given the QF cabin temperatures seem set to "simmer".
My LHR to HKG BA flight had the perfect cabin temp, slightly cool. We did have an extremely experienced crew though so maybe that had something to do with it.
Right, from the Qantas website:

"Get sleepy in Business. Our new sleep service, including a new mattress, duvet and turndown service, is now rolling out in International Business cabins across the network. Enjoy the service on flights QF107 and 108 to LA now, soon to be followed by more flights to LA from 17 December; Dallas, Johannesburg and New York from 7 January; Singapore, London and Frankfurt from 14 January; and Hong Kong, Narita, Bangkok, Jakarta, Shanghai and Manila from 28 January 2013."

m0hamed, I'm afraid that it's not me making the wrong assumptions at all.