Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

JQ (JetStar) how straight for check in luggage weight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody

I have done some searching, most I see were asking about cabin carry on...

I am planning to fly AKL-ZQN. But I have not pack yet and not sure how much my luggage would weight. I have read it cost an arm & leg if priced at airport (something like 15NZD per Kilo?!)

So say, if I purchased 20kg allowance when I book the ticket online, but ended up it is over, how's the calculation works? Say if it is 1-2kg over?

I have never fly JQ before. And with my *G, luggage weight is never a concern for me.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is charged per kilo over; if you want to be safe, purchase an amount which will meet requirements. If over the allowed amount of 20Kg, then will be NZD15 per kg

Pre-purchased baggage with booking is pretty cheap, for domestic NZ , 20Kg is $11 and if you think you might be a bit over it is only $20 for 25Kg or $25 for 30Kg
Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It is charged per kilo over; if you want to be safe, purchase an amount which will meet requirements. If over the allowed amount of 20Kg, then will be NZD15 per kg

Pre-purchased baggage with booking is pretty cheap, for domestic NZ , 20Kg is $11 and if you think you might be a bit over it is only $20 for 25Kg or $25 for 30Kg
OK, thanks. It is interesting to see a big rate increase between 20kg & 25kg, I guess that's how they make money on 'better safe than sorry'...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: QF, MH
I flew Jetstar (VF) about 2 weeks ago. I was 3kg over what I had purchased so was expecting to have to pay more. But they didn't even mention it.

Of course Jetstar JQ may well be different. It might just come down to the person who is checking you in whether they are having a good day or not.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: QF
we are flying JQ (dom Japan) with ski & snowboard kits & have selected 35kgs each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.