Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Reserve massage etc. in Qantas First Class lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reserve massage etc. in Qantas First Class lounge?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Top of climb
My parents were called on their NZ landline the day before on an identical connection.
Excellent! I shall just relax and await a call from the lounge next week. Thanks for the info.
Old May 23, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
The best part of my F flight MEL-HKG-LHR was the F Lounge in MEL. Downhill after that.
Old May 23, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
In MEL, the last flight with F-class is QF9 departing 15:25. On some days there is a later AKL flight, QF133 dpearting 17:30. So there's a 2 hour window where there isn't any F-class passengers as J is the highest class on QF133. And it's the last QF flight of the day.

Question: If you're a WP or higher, flying in J on QF133, do you get a call?
Old May 23, 2013, 9:28 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Austman
In MEL, the last flight with F-class is QF9 departing 15:25. On some days there is a later AKL flight, QF133 dpearting 17:30. So there's a 2 hour window where there isn't any F-class passengers as J is the highest class on QF133. And it's the last QF flight of the day.

Only applies to F reservations, regardless of highest class offered.
Old May 25, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC

The spa in MEL closes after QF9 departs. You might score a booking if you turn up early. I've managed this once on QF133, but totally depends on demand on the day.
Old May 25, 2013, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Rotodavid123
The spa in MEL closes after QF9 departs. You might score a booking if you turn up early. I've managed this once on QF133, but totally depends on demand on the day.
Yes. I just saw this on the Qantas website:

~ Operating hours for the Melbourne Spa are 07:50 to 15:00 daily
Old May 25, 2013, 10:33 pm

Mmmm, I just looked and the official boarding time of QF9 (departure 15:25) is 14:40!

I wonder how late they even take spa bookings for QF9 pax? Treatments are 20, 30 or 50 mins.

In reality the boarding for the Flounge can be around 30 mins before scheduled departure. So I guess a treatment that should be finished by 14:50 or so might be OK.
Old May 26, 2013, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Mmmm, I just looked and the official boarding time of QF9 (departure 15:25) is 14:40!

I wonder how late they even take spa bookings for QF9 pax? Treatments are 20, 30 or 50 mins.

In reality the boarding for the Flounge can be around 30 mins before scheduled departure. So I guess a treatment that should be finished by 14:50 or so might be OK.
I was told no more 50 minute treatments... this was confirmed by the spa attendant who said they were changing the menu.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
So will they call me the day before? What if they do not?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by oneworld82
So will they call me the day before? What if they do not?
If you are booked in F and have not been contacted by early afternoon the day before, I'd suggest you call them - there may be some issues with your contact details.

Airport Lounges at Melbourne International Airport | Qantas

Airport Lounges at Sydney International Airport | Qantas
Old Aug 20, 2013, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Excellent. I called them since I will not have my phone available today and the massage was promptly booked.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
just as an update, I called the number on the QF website tonight to reserve a massage for tomorrow (flying BA F).

the lady told me that the policy was not to pre-book massages for other carriers (only for QF), however, without any trying on my part, my charm somehow magically worked.....
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:17 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chris1979
just as an update, I called the number on the QF website tonight to reserve a massage for tomorrow (flying BA F).

the lady told me that the policy was not to pre-book massages for other carriers (only for QF), however, without any trying on my part, my charm somehow magically worked.....
Without any trying? You called to ask for something you're not entitled to with full knowledge of that fact.

QF F hosts should not be servicing other carrier's pax.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:50 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by chris1979
........my charm somehow magically worked.....
That's nice.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Without any trying? You called to ask for something you're not entitled to with full knowledge of that fact.

QF F hosts should not be servicing other carrier's pax.
Wow!

I didn't know that - otherwise I wouldn't have called.

I was going to turn up today and ask for one but a local friend advised to call ahead. So I had a look on here, found the number and called.

so much for this being a friendly place to share info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.