Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A funny thing happened on QF706...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:59 am
Original Poster

A funny thing happened on QF706...

Came home this morning on QF706 departing ADL 06:40 arriving CBR 08:50.

Pretty uneventful flight until after we landed. We were taxiing and got announcements that security at CBR airport advised we must go directly to the arrivals hall (outside screening) on arrival.

I thought there must be a security scare or something (there was a gas leak a few months ago) and that the building was evacuated and we were going to be pushed through the building.

When we walked out of the gate though they had put up those tape barriers to make a path to the exit from our gate. There were people, and police!, on either side so the building was not evacuated. We were just clearly identified as required to leave on arrival.

I wonder if there was a screening issue at ADL after we left and they felt the need to push us out of the 'sterile' area.

It was clearly indicated as applying to all passengers with any on connecting flights (possible from CBR?) having to re-enter the terminal.

Anybody know anything about why this happened?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:13 am

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Originally Posted by Mark1966
Came home this morning on QF706 departing ADL 06:40 arriving CBR 08:50.

Pretty uneventful flight until after we landed. We were taxiing and got announcements that security at CBR airport advised we must go directly to the arrivals hall (outside screening) on arrival.

I thought there must be a security scare or something (there was a gas leak a few months ago) and that the building was evacuated and we were going to be pushed through the building.

When we walked out of the gate though they had put up those tape barriers to make a path to the exit from our gate. There were people, and police!, on either side so the building was not evacuated. We were just clearly identified as required to leave on arrival.

I wonder if there was a screening issue at ADL after we left and they felt the need to push us out of the 'sterile' area.

It was clearly indicated as applying to all passengers with any on connecting flights (possible from CBR?) having to re-enter the terminal.

Anybody know anything about why this happened?
There's nothing listed on Aviation Herald about that flight so I don't think it was an issue with the jet or anyone on it. Maybe something to do with the airport or security?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by medic51vrf
There's nothing listed on Aviation Herald about that flight so I don't think it was an issue with the jet or anyone on it. Maybe something to do with the airport or security?
It was truly bizarre - the terminal was its normal self on arrival, people around going about their business as usual but we just had to get out of the sterile area.

Very very odd - and I'm maddeningly curious about it now!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:31 am

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Originally Posted by Mark1966
It was truly bizarre - the terminal was its normal self on arrival, people around going about their business as usual but we just had to get out of the sterile area.

Very very odd - and I'm maddeningly curious about it now!
Maybe send Simon at AH an email. Even though his site normally only deals with "in air" stuff he usually has his ear to the ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.