Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

10 year reunion of inaugural QF AGM attendees

Old May 22, 2012, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat

Originally Posted by kpc
NM
thadocta
LindsayWilson
kpc
IainF
og
willyroo
JohnSydney2000
BundyBear

The inaugural attendees who are still active posters on FT / AFF. As far as I'm aware, this was the first AFF / FT (Australian version) Do / meetup / meeting ever^

We need a 10 year reunion anniversary meet next year!
As was beginning to be discussed on another thread, I think this is a great idea. You are right kpc about being the first FT (Australian version) Do / meetup / meeting ever^ (ignoring the AFF meets, which came later). What did we start

So a call to the inaugural AGM members - we need to arrange a meet in BNE (as the home port). I think it would be nice to have it separate to the AGM. As 5 of us are from BNE and 4 from SYD, the other option is to add some flying to our meeting program (perhaps a secondary meet in the SYD J Lounge, so [some of] us BNE'ers get some travel as well).

I note that 5 (maybe 6) of you have WP [or equivalent OW] status, so should be an issue.

What are your thoughts and ideas of timing?

Edit: [Breaking News] Date set for Saturday, 1 February 2015

Last edited by QF WP; Nov 3, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Old May 22, 2012, 7:30 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
LindsayWilson (aka QF WP) thanks once again for organising.

I'm in - however LTSG rather than WP

(thread added to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...s-notices.html )
Old May 22, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Just thought I would get the order correct.

LindsayWilson
willyroo
JohnSydney2000
OG
kpc
NM
IainF
thadocta
Bundy Bear

Inaugural one was Friday 21 Feb 2003.
If you go with 10 years then Thursday 21 Feb 2013 could work.
Old May 22, 2012, 11:10 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I'm currently plotting the end of a DIRC29SA and expect to be back in SYD early March. So on /after 9 March would work for me. BUT, if AGM precedent carries forth with a February meeting, then I'll be an apology
Old May 22, 2012, 11:12 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
If just the original attendees and separate to the AGM, then I am happy to host a BBQ at my place. But if we want it to be an open invitation then that won't work and we need to look at public venues like a QP, pub, restaurant etc.

Plenty of time to plan and discuss and choose options. A great idea and I hope all original attendees are available and able to get together to recall the birth of QF WP
Old May 23, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
If in town sounds great

Hi QF WP and gents,
This sounds a great idea, but as 1 of you know I sometimes cannot confirm until close to the time. Please plan what suits others whom are able to attend, and I will try and be there.
I note that QF 19 is currently avail on Thurs 21st Feb of 2013 for $126. Departure at 11:40. If it is weekend small gathering in BNE as per NM's very kind suggestion, this may be difficult for all the family men to do in conjunction.
John.
Old May 23, 2012, 4:24 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Count me in, I can be pretty flexible when it comes to dates/times, only possible complication is that is not long after the Australian Open.

Dave
Old May 23, 2012, 6:16 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
The W/E of Sat/Sun 23/24 Feb 13 would suit me although I note og is away
Probably need a choice of weekends so we can choose one that the majority, if not all, can attend. Happy to fly up to Bne for this. Weekdays generraly are not good for me...altho could do Fri evening.
Old May 24, 2012, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
My thoughts were definitely a weekend and separate to the AGM, so later will suit og, thadocta and hopefully kpc.

I'm flexible on dates/time and if NM wants to be so kind and offer his humble abode as a meeting place (BBQ sounds nice!) that could suit nicely. Obviously I'd be happy to help him cater for it on the food side.

You'd better bring that piece of paper Bundy Bear - possibly the only physical evidence of the afternoon (apart from the photos).
Old May 24, 2012, 8:53 pm
NM

Sounds like a plan is coming together. A long time ahead yet and understand a lot can (and will) change for many in the months that lead to the event. So ... watch this space is going to be the order of the day/week/month.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:11 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This BNE BBQ is sounding very nice at the moment. Mrs og and I have just spent one hour walking from downtown PDX to our apartment in typical PDX weather - ie rain and 10 degrees (c) temps. Doors are closed to the weather and we are drying out with a delicious beer called "Bridgeport Stumptown Tart". Oh so many beers to sample and such a short time .............
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:34 am
NM

Originally Posted by og
...r and we are drying out with a delicious beer called "Bridgeport Stumptown Tart". Oh so many beers to sample and such a short time .............
Will have the fridge stocked with HP for old time's sake
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Are we ever going to be able to arrange this??
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:30 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QF WP
Are we ever going to be able to arrange this??
I'm OK for January, March and April (2015). The usual February absence.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Maybe I should set up a spreadsheet, so we can all advise our availability and pin down a date...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.