Go Back   > > >

Old May 7, 12, 5:58 am   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Apr 2012
Programs: QF SG
Posts: 7
30 minute turnaround at KUL with 3K

So yesterday I got an email from Jetstar - bonus 2000 QFF points for international flights with a plus bundle attached...

Combined with a $0 fare SIN-KUL vv means 3000 QFF points (and 20SCs) for roughly $45 each way after taxes and bundle. It turns out I will be in SIN in late June for one day. 3K seems to fly SIN-KUL and back 3 times a day, with a 30 minute turn-around at KUL on the same aircraft (or maybe not?). Cancellation/delay rates seems to be surprisingly low on this route. Will I run into any issues booking all three returns, with OLCI/no checked baggage? Any strategies for an inquisitive immigration officer in SIN who might notice I don't have a Malaysia stamp on my passport?

Thanks in advance.
sideswipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 12, 6:09 am   #2
  
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: QF Plat LTG, VA Silver, HHon Diamond, SPG Gold, APEC BTC
Posts: 2,389
Wouldn't expect so... SIN immigration normally don't care, and so long as you can get all boarding passes at once all ok.
That said if you are only after $/pts, the bonus offers on Aussie credit cards are better value.
moa999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 12, 6:34 am   #3
TPJ
  
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), AB OWS (Gold), IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 4,795
You will have no problem at all. As moa999 mentioned, SIN Immigration will not search for other countries' stamps. You will have to clear Security in KUL (at the gate). Double check, what Jeststar cut off time is for gate security clearance.
TPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 12, 5:17 pm   #4
  
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22
I tried a direct turn around in march in KUL and failed, since nobody wanted to hand out the return boarding pass in SIN. If you are able to get it, then you are fine
Florian79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 12, 8:07 am   #5
  
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MEL
Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideswipes View Post
Cancellation/delay rates seems to be surprisingly low on this route.

Thanks in advance.


Its the same plane doing a yo-yo up and down from SIN? It was when I did this... And no problems as long as return flights on same PNR.. All boarding passes should be issued at SIN.
david870mdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 12, 6:52 pm   #6
  
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wellington
Programs: QF (SG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Posts: 4,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by david870mdg View Post
Its the same plane doing a yo-yo up and down from SIN? It was when I did this... And no problems as long as return flights on same PNR.. All boarding passes should be issued at SIN.
AFAIK there is now a 3 hour minimum connection time built into the booking engine.
Can you check in online with JQ international?
Blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 16, 6:28 am   #7
  
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: HK
Posts: 1,904
any recent experience on this? i want to do this to meet my sectors as SC itself is not an issue. can i print my own boarding pass from home? i am doing this as part of business class run to Sin.


also is KUL airport like SIN where arriving and departing pax are mixed in same concourse and only security is at the gate? i once did tunaround at jarkata and dragon at transfer.area almost arrested me for doing a turn around so i want to only go to airport like SIN for same day turnaround
fakecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 16, 8:07 pm   #8
  
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: BA Silver, QF SG
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakecd View Post
any recent experience on this? i want to do this to meet my sectors as SC itself is not an issue. can i print my own boarding pass from home? i am doing this as part of business class run to Sin.


also is KUL airport like SIN where arriving and departing pax are mixed in same concourse and only security is at the gate? i once did tunaround at jarkata and dragon at transfer.area almost arrested me for doing a turn around so i want to only go to airport like SIN for same day turnaround
KUL is co-mingled like SIN
ermen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:55 pm.

Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top