QF miles redemption

Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt DIA; Hilton DIA; SPG Gold
QF miles redemption

Hi,
First time poster here, but am planning a trip from SYD to NYC in October with 170K expiring QF points. In general, is it more cost-effective/nicer experience to redeem QF miles for QF flts or go with other OneWorld partners (cathay/AA)?

Thanks in advance,
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I'd see whats available in the class you want before asking those questions. There may well be no choice (ie no options).
Old May 3, 2012, 2:00 pm

Hi, I did check. So far I see economy and FF class available & no prem. economy upgrade on QF. So the question is would it be better to use the miles redeem say AA/Cathay (there's availability) or just go with QF F class based on your experience.

Thanks
Old May 3, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by ganymededl
Hi, I did check. So far I see economy and FF class available & no prem. economy upgrade on QF. So the question is would it be better to use the miles redeem say AA/Cathay (there's availability) or just go with QF F class based on your experience.

Thanks
Surely it would be cheaper and easier to book the QF First class, if you can find it. If you cannot then try CX but you will more than likely need to call the QFF call centre to see availability and book paying the assistance fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.