Double SC Promo - wohoo!

Old May 11, 2011, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Double SC Promo - wohoo!

I haven't seen the like of it since the post-9/11 double points + SC promo many moons ago (and didn't I make the most of THAT!).

Hello Scott

Exciting news! For a limited time, we’re offering you the opportunity to earn DOUBLE STATUS CREDITS* on eligible Qantas International and Domestic flights^.

Make the most of this fantastic offer so you can continue to enjoy the benefits and privileges of your existing membership.

Plus, as a Platinum member, you could be on your way to an even greater range of rewards# once you reach 2,400 Status credits.

What do I have to do?

• Register by 31 July 2011

• If you have a few moments to spare, fill out a quick survey

• Book and travel on any Qantas International or Domestic flight with a QF flight number between 10 May and 31 July 2011

It's that simple.
Old May 11, 2011, 12:57 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Link ??
Nice - Targeted to a Plat - both Dom and Intl.

pity I am already over 2400..
Old May 11, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
I got that email as well. I'm a NB based in Auckland. Only QF flight I've taken in the last 12 months was a SYD-AKL award segment. Plus a few sectors on JQ domestic flights in NZ.

Did anyone else notice the spelling error in the email's subject -- 'Earn Double Stats credits'?

- James
Old May 11, 2011, 1:10 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
QF WP based in Wellington and I got it as well.
Now tempted to cram in some QF flights, pity it does not allow JQ, 3K etc to e included.
Old May 11, 2011, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by KiwiSurfer
Did anyone else notice the spelling error in the email's subject -- 'Earn Double Stats credits'?

- James

Not until you mentioned it - how pointy is your head?
Old May 11, 2011, 2:37 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
No email - no offer. But I did requalify for WP a few weeks ago with a few months to run before the requal cut-off date.
Old May 11, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG+LTQP
Just received this also - will the existing QF trip I will taking this weekend qualify, or is it for new bookings only?
Old May 11, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Got it as well. I am WP based in Germany.
Totally useless: I qualified for PG (with 2100 SCs).
I will reset on 31st May, but my next trip to Oz will be in October. So only a few BA flights till that.
Old May 11, 2011, 5:10 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by bdmaus
Just received this also - will the existing QF trip I will taking this weekend qualify, or is it for new bookings only?
The terms say book after May 10 (QF is sneaky that way; maybe its a ploy to get the new fuel fine on old bookings ).
Old May 11, 2011, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG+LTQP
mine says "book and fly" (implies both) - but I would expect in this case a disambiguation in the T&C such as "applies to new bookings only"
Old May 11, 2011, 6:31 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I've never had this offer before as I have re-qualified for Plat each and every year. My status assessment date is 31 May, and qualified months ago so am surprised to get this offer.
Old May 11, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
I received this offer from QF as well (this is my first double SC promo ever). I am a QC PS and my status reset is November 2011.

With this offer, I am very tempted to do the NAN run (as noted on the other forum). This run yields 360 SCs (return) and with the promo this could get me to SG. Not bad for a A$1,200 fare.
Old May 11, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: SQ*G, BD*G, QF SG, PC Plat
No offer here
Never had any sort of offer from QF before - no surprises ...
Old May 11, 2011, 9:02 am

a friend received this offer today, she's 60SC of qualifying for silver for the first time and not a regular flyer.

I received the last double SC offer back in December.
Old May 11, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: NZ (LT Koru); QF (WP & LTG); FJ (Tabua)
Potentially a great offer if you are lucky enough to be able to make use of it, but poorly worded?

Others have mentioned the inherent ambiguity in the phrase "Book and travel ... between 10 May and 31 July ... ", but it would be hard to believe that the offer applies to all existing bookings for travel in that period. So it's good for opportunists and status-runners and other who may not book their flights until just weeks before travel dates, but there are very many of us whose work plans don't allow any such flexibility. I have some good SC-bearing flights in that period, but already booked and paid for, and it's a bummer because with currently 910 SCs and 6-months to run this is the closest I have ever got to WP.

And isn't there ambiguity in the phrase "any Qantas International or Domestic flight with a QF flight number"? If this is intended to mean only on QF metal with QF flight number, then an earlier poster's plan to make a SR to Nadi won't work on the FJ codeshare service. Qantas doesn't have any other flights apart from "International and Domestic", so could they have just said "any flight with a QF flight number"? Presumably the offer has to apply on the BA Kangaroo route codeshare? But on other more obscure codeshares like QF/NF codeshare to Vanuatu etc? (yes, one of my pet gripes is the uneven approach QF takes to its codeshares).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.