Qantas comes through with upgrade

Subscribe
Just wanted to let frequent flyers out there know that upgrades do come through sometimes. I put in for an upgrade from Economy to Business with Qantas from Melb to Singapore for my family of five and Qantas came through!!!! Thrilled to know that frequent flyer programs do have this type of bonus.
Now that is impressive that you had 5 come through - although that can be a concern that loads were that light
What a great way to spend 200,000 points! Congratulations
Wow, five ^

Mind you, the loads in Business are light -

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Flight Availability Search
Departing MEL on 24/04/12 12:00 AM for SIN
Flying QF  

Frequency
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     
0 Connections
QF 9          0      MEL                SIN                388       Unavailable     
                     24/04/12 3:30 PM   24/04/12 9:25 PM             72% / 63m

F2 A2 J9 C9 D9 I9 W1 R0 T0 Y9 B8 H7 K7 M7 L6 V1 S8 N5 Q4 O9 G0 X8 E0
What status have you?
Got upgraded to silver recently. Can't really figure out why I was upgraded to silver. Thought it was probably a PR exercise.
It was an A380 and we were in the last row of business. The plane was absolutely full.
I think you got your "Silver" and "Business Class" mixed up bora...must have been inbibing too much of the J Class wine

Operational upgrades (op up's) are a mystery to most apart from Yield Management. Being Silver, you might have merely been lucky - in the right place at the right time. As you don't mention where the op up happened (ie. at check-in, Lounge or boarding), perhaps all the other CL's, Platinums an Golds had already checked in/boarded and they were looking for additional status members to bump - so count your lucky :-:'s