Wiki Posts
Search

CX GO vs QF Plat...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody
CX GO vs QF Plat...

Just realised that if I do a DONE6 next year I will keep re-qualifying as CX GO by miles (around 61k, 16 J = 20 MPC club sectors). However if I do not use MPC and go back to use my QFF Bronze, all these long haul J credit status will make me qualify as a QF Plat (around 1450 credit status in total).

I am not sure if anyone would share some thoughts to see if this is worth?

The most valuable benefit I get from MPC GO is the Y seat guarantee and free exiting row seats. I have been a MPC for more than 12 years so it's a bit hard decision to give it up. I have never been a QFF elites other than a Qantas Club member...

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:45 am

Deleted.

Last edited by ThomasBne; Jun 28, 2019 at 5:23 am Reason: Deleted.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

I'm based in Sydney. I do personal travelling only.

Travelling mainly to Hong Kong, 2-3 times year on Y, plus travelling to either Europe or North America once a year (but not both) on Y. I also do a few side trips to other Asian cities from Hong Kong on J.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:55 pm

I would definitely go for QF platinum.
100% points bonus is the clincher, but F check-in and lounge access are also handy.
And you can still get the free exit row seats.
Op-up chances will be enhanced too.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:17 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Depends who you generally fly on those trips.
You always have a better opup chance on your prime airline, and CX is generally viewed as being more generous on that front to QF.
Also note that the QF status bonus doesnt accrue on CX

But then the QF F Lounge at Syd is so much better than the J, and equally CX F lounge food is better than J.

If it was CX DM v QF Plat then I would stay CX, but with all those opportunities to go to the F Lounge, that would be leaning me to QF.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: QF WP
I find that CX treats QF status flyers better than QF does with their own members. Also, IIRC, on CX's (official) op-up scale, a non-CX OW Emerald is still ranked higher than a GO.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses - indeed helpful. How about Qantas's upgrade scale?

Regarding the Op-Up opportunities, I thought CX GO has higher priorities than non-CX OW Emerald?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15321375-post10.html
Old Apr 28, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
I find that CX treats QF status flyers better than QF does with their own members. Also, IIRC, on CX's (official) op-up scale, a non-CX OW Emerald is still ranked higher than a GO.
I don't believe this is the case anymore.

CX GO is ahead of Emeralds now.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:44 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Go for CX Gold

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
I don't believe this is the case anymore.

CX GO is ahead of Emeralds now.
I'd go with CX GO as they treat their members much better than QF ever will.

I am not too fussed about the lounge in SYD but in HKG, if you have a good choice and The Wing/Pier Noodle Bar is simply fantastic!
Old May 1, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
I'd go with CX GO as they treat their members much better than QF ever will.

I am not too fussed about the lounge in SYD but in HKG, if you have a good choice and The Wing/Pier Noodle Bar is simply fantastic!
Noodle Bar maybe over the Qantas Club/Business Lounge in SYD but definitely not compared to the First Lounge. I prefer made to order food over the buffet offering in The Wing and the Noodle Bar is pretty ordinary to what I know I can get at hawker stalls.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Noodle Bar maybe over the Qantas Club/Business Lounge in SYD but definitely not compared to the First Lounge. I prefer made to order food over the buffet offering in The Wing and the Noodle Bar is pretty ordinary to what I know I can get at hawker stalls.
As a CX GO, I am not eligible to access first class lounge. However I was impressed by the food order they offer at their HK arrival lounge, which is shared between First Class and Business Class.

If I get a DONE5 and use my points to upgrade my QF leg from J to F, will they give me First Class lounge invitation? As OW Sapphire I have access to all OW Business lounges though.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
If you travel in First Class with a confirmed upgrade you get all the perks including concierge check in pre-book spa and First Lounge access.
Old May 1, 2012, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
If you travel in First Class with a confirmed upgrade you get all the perks including concierge check in pre-book spa and First Lounge access.
Thank you. I will keep my fingers across and pray then. I understand in this case my upgrade request will have the lowest piority as a QFF bronze. LoL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.