Upgrades on QF

Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum
Upgrades on QF

Hi

I am platinum on Qantas and looking to book some international travel for my partner and I to Asia this summer. I have around 160,000 points and it'd be great to upgrade both of us from Economy to Business for the trip. Can I use my QF points to upgrade both of us or just me?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
If both tickets are on the same booking you just tell the phone operator which passenger's FF account the points come from. Very easy. This shouldn't trigger an assisted booking fee either.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by newtestleper
Can I use my QF points to upgrade both of us or just me?
Actually you can't book an upgrade for either of you, the QF program is very weak on upgrades.

All you can do is add your two names to the standby wait-list for upgrades. With Platinum status they'll tell you a couple of days ahead of the flight if your upgrade(s) have cleared, and if so they will deduct a hatful of your points.

If you are looking for confirmed J space it's best just to book an outright award, which isn't that much more points than the upgrade.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:31 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by og
If both tickets are on the same booking you just tell the phone operator which passenger's FF account the points come from. Very easy. This shouldn't trigger an assisted booking fee either.
I assumed the OP was seeking to upgrade an existing ticket rather than book new tickets from scratch.

To the OP: its time to update your profile with your WP status !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.