Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Get your facts str8 Qantas!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi

For the thirsd time recently - Travelling in C domestically - go to the Business class checkin counter (in ADLx2, SYDx1) 2 weeks ago checkin agent tells me im not allowed 2 bags at 32 kg - i tell her standard allowance is one bag 32kg, second bag is allowed at 32kg as QF Silver
"Where did u hear that? ur allowed only one bag, you have to pay for the other one "
I enquire if the QF employee has browsed the QF website lately (since about July 2011) "U cant make that up" I ask to speak to their supervisor - the checkin agent then refuses, and when I go and find them myself , they say they were gonna do me a favour and let the second bag through - I answer its not a favour , its my entitlement as a status QF customer travelling in C -
So get it right Qantas - inform ur staff and make sure they read internal memorandums and are au fait with status esp if at a C checkin - btw no other airline has this revolting NextGen checkin! Any how QF passengers lap it up thinking theyre moving along with the rest of the world, or keeping up with the Joneses! They actually appreciate the cutback of services!
Sorry Im still used to full service F counters/areas for UA,SQ,LX and LH
Oh and my last flight in C from MEL-ADL - Asked if I want plastic packaged nuts with my wine I say no. Next thing we are commencing decent into ADL - I ask where my lunch is - Im told I said i didnt want lunch - I only said i didnt want the nuts! Go Qantas - saving on crappy C food now!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:30 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by cbourl
- Asked if I want plastic packaged nuts with my wine I say no. Next thing whttp://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtmle are commencing decent into ADL - I ask where my lunch is - Im told I said i didnt want lunch - I only said i didnt want the nuts! Go Qantas - saving on crappy C food now!
QF has some of the best J class food anywhere - but the perception of quality is totally killed by the plastic bag with nuts. On the assumption that there is actually a bar service before the meal service, the plastic bag nuts is just wrong. Even AA, UA and AC can manage to put nuts in a bowl - even warm. Is bowling of nuts the way that QF openly differentiates J from F catering?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
qantas j food has progressively deteriorated the past few years
i like ua c food on PS good breakfast great lunches and nice evening meals with lots of wine to go around - and no obvious airline employees filling up the C cabin
BTW forgot to add that I was offered a plastic 150ml bottle of water when I asked for a glass of iced water -so this is the best qantas can do - maybe Ive been spoilt by UA ps and glasses -
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:50 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
BTW forgot to add that I was offered a plastic 150ml bottle of water when I asked for a glass of iced water -so this is the best qantas can do - maybe Ive been spoilt by UA ps and glasses -
I too enjoy UA J food trans Pacific. I take exception to UA's pre take off "champagne" in J and F being offered in plastic cups. Yuk!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by og
I take exception to UA's pre take off "champagne" in J and F being offered in plastic cups. Yuk!
Heathen - they are Riedel plastic Champagne Flutes with the plastic produced from oil certified to come from a well beneath the Veuve Cliquot vineyard outside Rheims
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: NZ - Elite, QF - Gold, Flying Blue - Petroleum Club, SIA - Solitaire PPS, EY- Gold Elite, EK- Gold
Originally Posted by og
QF has some of the best J class food anywhere
I sprayed my wine allover my screen reading this most outlandish statement.....
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:20 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by og
QF has some of the best J class food anywhere
Originally Posted by mattyroo
I sprayed my wine allover my screen reading this most outlandish statement.....
I took it to mean domestic J - what would you get on QF J SYD-MEL, compared to similiar flights on BA, UA, AA, AF, et al for the same length flights?

Dave
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Vote with your feet. On Virgin your allowance in J would be 69 kg (this is 'weight' allowance - you may split it to as many pieces as you want).
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:01 am
Original Poster

i would - if i could - velocity gold thru status match with lh senator - but im kinda tied into the woolies-qff thing as well as amex membership rewards - i havent paid for a qf fare for ages - just use amex points etc for JASA
as soon as virgin joins *A bye bye QF! and with the virgin flyer program becoming standard worldwide between Virgin US Virgin AU and Virgin Atlantic lets hope this is the sign of good things to come!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thadocta
I took it to mean domestic J - what would you get on QF J SYD-MEL, compared to similiar flights on BA, UA, AA, AF, et al for the same length flights?

Dave
reasonable food and wine in C on LH,LX,A3,LY and OA
So if QF goes on about its premium product, let it live up to its hype rather than fly on the wings of its hype!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
Vote with your feet. On Virgin your allowance in J would be 69 kg (this is 'weight' allowance - you may split it to as many pieces as you want).
Though that changes very soon on 16 May to 2 x 32kg bags.

http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en...ece-allowance/
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TPJ
That is changing on 16th may though ( see http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en...ece-allowance/ )

For Domestic travel and short haul

Business/Premium Economy is 2x32 Kg regardless of status
In Economy
Platinum 2x32 Kg
Gold/Silver 1x32Kg
No status on a flexi fare 1x23Kg
No Status on a saver fare : No allowance

Dave
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

i havent paid for a qf fare for ages - just use amex points etc for JASA
So, you didn't pay for the ticket yet rant how a minor issue occurred. Worst case, pay the excess fee and just contact customer relations and they will refund it instantly; lot less hassle imo;mistakes happen

As far as the self service check in goes it seems to be a fast check in process to me and hardly onorous. As a valuable business class customer, you are entitled to queue to be served by a human if you prefer.

Last edited by Dave Noble; Mar 20, 2012 at 4:18 am
Old Mar 20, 2012, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
So, you didn't pay for the ticket yet rant how a minor issue occurred. Worst case, pay the excess fee and just contact customer relations and they will refund it instantly; lot less hassle imo;mistakes happen

As far as the self service check in goes it seems to be a fast check in process to me and hardly onorous. As a valuable business class customer, you are entitled to queue to be served by a human if you prefer.
Of course I paid for the ticket! a copay for exorbitiant taxes and many points with a significant cash spend associated with earning those points
I just love how the QF "Service" counter which masquerades as a business checking is hidden at the back of the NextGen checkin - eg MEL,SYD
yet when I fly A3,LX,LH,LY,UA,SQ at many airports there is a clearly marked permium checkin area which is staffed by humans and not eterminals - in fact if I may say it Au seems to have one of the highest uptakes of this humanless checkin which has progressed to handling your own baggage and paying a significant premium for the pleasure of doing so

Last edited by cbourl; Mar 20, 2012 at 5:14 am Reason: typos
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:10 am

Of course I paid for the ticket! a copay for exorbitiant taxes and many points with a significant cash spend associated with earning those points
I just love how the QF "Service" counter which masquerades as a business checking is hidden at the back of the NextGen checkin - eg MEL,SYD
yet when I fly A3,LX,LH,LY,UA,SQ at many airports there is a clearly marked permium checkin area which is staffed by humans and not eterminals - in fact if I may say it Au seems to have one of the highest uptakes of this humanless checkin which has progressed to handling your own baggage and paying a significant premium for the pleasure of doing so
No offence, but if you've carried your bags from home/work via car/cab/train to the terminal, you still have to walk past the NGCI counters to get to the business check-in counter. Whats the difference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.