Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Value of Platinum (published or unpublished) benefit to create classic award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Value of Platinum (published or unpublished) benefit to create classic award

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by og
Shame really as this automatically excludes all QantasLink flights.
Apologies for bringing a thread back even further from the grave but this isn't true at all.
I've had QLink seats released as recently as a few months ago via a request to the Premium desk, most definitely in Y.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Apologies for bringing a thread back even further from the grave but this isn't true at all.
I've had QLink seats released as recently as a few months ago via a request to the Premium desk, most definitely in Y.
It was probably true in 2011 though - in the context of only being able to request J seats, at a time when QLink didn't have them....
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Unofficially some days of the week are always denied according to internal policy.

Also, being a weekend revenue management aren't working to manually review your request.

Are you WP or higher?
Yes I am WP with about 2400 status points last renewal - though only few from QF. But I called early saturday morning, so I might have more luck during the week.

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:15 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Premium Desk is generally AEST working hours Mon-Fri and they difference in service level is monumental.

Outside these times the agent may answer as a premium rep, but they definitely aren't.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by og
Some flights won't have any seats released for lowly WPs - even if it's J C D I 9s. Typically these are North American during peak Oz holiday season. P1 or CL may have more leverage?
Only way you'd have more leverage is if you have access to the Special Services team, that's P1 and a small amount of CLs

FWIW I've found it harder than ever to get seats released lately, even with I9 (when trying Business) or A9 (when trying for First). It now just seems stingy, I've taken advantage of being able to have award seats released for many years and without a doubt in my mind, there has been a rule change internally, as previously it was so much easier.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: QFF
I've had D seats released for me a number of times, all on SYD-TYO. Some times as a silver.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by vantage03

FWIW I've found it harder than ever to get seats released lately, even with I9 (when trying Business) or A9 (when trying for First). It now just seems stingy, I've taken advantage of being able to have award seats released for many years and without a doubt in my mind, there has been a rule change internally, as previously it was so much easier.
No luck this time - even though the flight is wide open and on a thursday.
Would it become more likely to get the one seat closer to the departure date ?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:03 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by TheAirman
A flight I requested release of a seat and was refused when the cabin appeared empty (no allocated seats on EF and J C D I 9s) had at least one U class seat available on the QF web site at T -36 hours.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:35 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A flight I requested release of a seat and was refused when the cabin appeared empty (no allocated seats on EF and J C D I 9s) had at least one U class seat available on the QF web site at T -36 hours.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by og
So why didn't you just book the U class seat? Maybe they refused the release because there was a U class seat available?

Dave
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:56 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thadocta
So why didn't you just book the U class seat? Maybe they refused the release because there was a U class seat available?

Dave
I did the request 6 months prior and the U seat only appeared at the last minute.
In the meantime, I booked JQ Biz (revenue fare) and built an itinerary around that.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:21 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Fairy nuff. Maybe six months prior they had no idea as to the actual demand levels, although you would expect a half decent yield management department to know something about that sort of thing. Would have been useful though for you to have added the time-lag between requesting the seat and the U class availability........

Dave
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by og
Sorry again for asking, but when making the request, can I check on checkmytrip whether it was successful ?

I mean my request is still showing on cmt with the ghost segment and the confirmed segment (QF9490). I would assume that the requested leg would turn into "confirmed". Am I right about this ?

How long would the request stay in there ? Meaning can I keep it as long as I don't see it as confirmed on cmt? Which would mean I don't have to call over and over again, but just hope it will clear/confirm some time ?

Cheers
TheAirman
Old Feb 19, 2016, 2:10 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry again for asking, but when making the request, can I check on checkmytrip whether it was successful ?

I mean my request is still showing on cmt with the ghost segment and the confirmed segment (QF9490). I would assume that the requested leg would turn into "confirmed". Am I right about this ?

How long would the request stay in there ? Meaning can I keep it as long as I don't see it as confirmed on cmt? Which would mean I don't have to call over and over again, but just hope it will clear/confirm some time ?

Cheers
TheAirman
If you are talking about verbally requesting seat release and waiting for QF to decide yes or no, then if there is nothing positive after 48 hours, you can forget it.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by og
If you are talking about verbally requesting seat release and waiting for QF to decide yes or no, then if there is nothing positive after 48 hours, you can forget it.
So if I can't see it as confirmed on cmt, then there is no luck. Or do I definately have to call again as the result is not visible on cmt ? I am just asking as on cmt it looks excatly like it looked from the very start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.