Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Which lounges to spend more time in

Basically trying to work out which First Class lounge to spend more time in

Choices are as follows

Flying TG

BKK-HKG in first
Choices are 8:00am Departure arrives 11:45am have 12 hours to spend in Hong Kong and do the various lounges as Oneworld Emerald

or 16:45 arrives HKG at 19:45 connecting to QF 68 at 11:30pm and have three hours to spend in the lounges, never been to the first class lounges at either port so looking for opinions about which one people would choose.

Just trying to work if say 5 hours in Bangkok in the lounge including 1 hour massage would be appropriate considering there is only one lounge. Or less time here say 2 hours including massage and then 11 hours in Hong Kong I could then consider if I felt like going into the city for a few hours

Which one would you choose?

Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:07 am

I like The Wing for its open air-y-ness, otherwise it's The Pier for me in terms of shower room design. The showers in The Wing just seem a bit dated and I'm not really a fan of the non-glass walls. The shower room in The Pier seem top notch (marble like bench + glass panels).
Old Jun 24, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You're flying QANTAS to Australia, so moving this QF forum.

Guy Betsy
Cathay Pacific Asiamiles forum co-moderator
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Flying 29/6 on QF29 and I wish to book a spa treatment for Mrs. LF. Does someone have the number I should call. Did a quick search on QF website but could not find it.

Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2011, 5:04 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
As much as lounge hopping is an activity to replace boredom and the HKG is one of the nicer airports for wandering endlessly, 12 hrs there would be trying. I'd suggest taking the train into the city and being a tourist for a while. Then head back to a nice F lounge (WING) for a shower, drink, snack and so on.

BKK is fairly quiet at 0800 and I have not been delayed when waiting for the TG massage service. 1 hr will easily do it.

I actually prefer TG To CX in biz BKK-HKG. Nicer crews, better meals and a more relaxed drinks service. CX just seems to operate in panic mode on these short flights.

Maybe unrelated, but have plenty of time if you need to connect airside in HKG. Yesterday it took 40 min to clear security at the Transfer entrance near HKG Gate 46. One machine operating and three plane loads lining up to go through it. Absolutely disgusting for a quality airport. Makes a MCT of 60 min (or whatever it is) a complete joke.

Last edited by og; Jun 24, 2011 at 6:42 pm Reason: iPad induced typos
Old Jun 24, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
+1 to heading into the city. Catch the Airport Express, grab yourself some quality dim sum, see a few sights and head back to the airport with two hours to spare to clear security and check out one of the lounges.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
Flying 29/6 on QF29 and I wish to book a spa treatment for Mrs. LF. Does someone have the number I should call. Did a quick search on QF website but could not find it.

Thanks

Not sure you can pre-book spa unless flying 1st, otherwise pop name down when you first arrive
Old Jun 25, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by CorporateFlyer

Thanks

Not sure you can pre-book spa unless flying 1st, otherwise pop name down when you first arrive
Yes in F but I recall a number for pre-booking. I think it is concierge.

Sorted: The Concierge will be calling me the day before to tee this up.

Last edited by Lonely Flyer; Jun 26, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.