Jetstar and Frequent flyer points

Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Jetstar and Frequent flyer points

Looking at booking a jetstar flight and noticed that I could fly no baggage for $99.00 all in however I thought what sort of frequent flyer would I be if I did not choose to get some points and status credits so I think 5 dollars seems a reasonable deal to me to get 2000 points and 25 status credits so the price shows as total $104.00 which looks good.

However go to the payment screen and price has jumped to $134.00 so my extra $5 dollars appears to have actually increased the cost by $35 dollars on the base fare or about 7 times the actual cost shown on the screen, this does appear to be quite misleading by Jetstar? Still confused about how the price jumps so high I could see perhaps $5 per leg so $109.00 but not sure how it gets those extra $25.00

Also if I go sans FF points the cost remains $99.00 on the payment screen!!, so I can only assume the $5 cost should actually read $35.00 and would pretty much be misleading on Jetstars behalf.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Did you deselect the 20Kg baggage option which it now automatically seems to add

Which route were you trying?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Well trying MKY-MEL and the price is $99.00 but adding $5.00 it adds up to $104 on the initial screen and then going to enter passenger details the price jumps to $134.00. Definitely deselected the luggage option. Thought it may have something do with being a charge per flight rather than per ticket but still can't make it add up? thought maybe I am missing a trick with the whole jetstar and frequent flyer point option?

Also I tried with baggage and price jumps to $157.00 seems very misleading for an extra $5

Last edited by babs; Jun 11, 2011 at 12:56 pm
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by babs
Well trying MKY-MEL and the price is $99.00 but adding $5.00 it adds up to $104 on the initial screen and then going to enter passenger details the price jumps to $134.00. Definitely deselected the luggage option. Thought it may have something do with being a charge per flight rather than per ticket but still can't make it add up? thought maybe I am missing a trick with the whole jetstar and frequent flyer point option?

Also I tried with baggage and price jumps to $157.00 seems very misleading for an extra $5
Jetstar ... misleading ....??? Wait until they start explaining your flight delay - things get *very* inventive!!

BD
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Yes it appears to be an error on their website, but under established legal principles they can get away with it as it is only an offer to entreat, and they final offer is correct as you prgress through the booking. AFAIK is has only done this on this particualr route.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Okay I have a different question, but related to FFP.

I made a booking in StarClass before the fare changes, which meant I would get QF points. Now they adjusted and gave me the "cheap" star class not earning any QF points. I have already put in a complaint, but have not heard back for 6 weeks.
What should/can I do to speed up things and make sure that I get the QF points ?
Old Jun 25, 2011, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
AFAIK, if you booked before the changes you ARE entitled to QF points. Keep all documentation relative to your travel including BP's, e-tickets etc. Retain at least until the points post after travel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.