Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Dear Qantas - I am tired of these 20 minute plus wait times

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear Qantas - I am tired of these 20 minute plus wait times

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:02 am

Never had to wait more than 2-4 minutes, even when l didn't have status. With status, less than a minute.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:12 am
Original Poster

45 minutes yesterday.

I do not have status with QF no, I put my miles onto AA as the QF redemption system is a rip off. However I fly with them a lot and in one year earn hundreds of thousands of miles with QF Frequent Flyer through my credit card spend.

Still doesn't excuse waiting 45 minutes.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by 747-444
45 minutes yesterday.

I do not have status with QF no, I put my miles onto AA as the QF redemption system is a rip off. However I fly with them a lot and in one year earn hundreds of thousands of miles with QF Frequent Flyer through my credit card spend.

Still doesn't excuse waiting 45 minutes.
I have heard such horror stories for NB and the like on 13 13 13.

FWIW, what do you do with your 100's and 1000's of QFF points.

64000 and two hundred $ can easily earn you SG with a few well planned JASA's.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:01 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by serfty

Ideas for a MEL run for this please for a mate
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty

I am a hoarder - I like to collect things so they sit in my account accumulating.

SQ is gold I assume and what is JASA?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I am a hoarder - I like to collect things so they sit in my account accumulating.

SQ is gold I assume and what is JASA?
SG is Gold, yes.

A JASA is a Business class "any seat award". They earn QFF points, Business class status Credits along with Status/Class bonus. Each segment travelled also counts as one of the four () QF/JQ segments one must fly per year to be eligible QFF status.

They can be had for the same number of QFF points as a classic award and perhaps a little more in the Taxes/Levies/Charges payment.

If you can find classic award class availability (U) on Qantas flight then you can book them as JASA's and add to one's QFF status.

More here:

Last edited by serfty; Mar 29, 2011 at 6:16 am
Old Mar 29, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by Oneworldplus2
Never had to wait more than 2-4 minutes, even when l didn't have status. With status, less than a minute.
Which magic number do you call?!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 3:38 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by ELAL
Which magic number do you call?!
The number on the back of your QF FF card! By entering your FF #, the magic computer assesses your status and puts you in the appropriate queue (or decides how long you should wait and then passes you to an operator ).
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: QF Gold
So-called priority booking

The amusing thing is the Qantas Club webpage insists that you have "priority" access:

"Our Qantas Club priority reservations service ensures you always speak with our most experienced staff and receive the most efficient service when booking a Qantas flight."

When you call, using the number on your QC card it is the same old, same old...... I've waited ages at times. Obviously that is one advantage (from memory there was indeed a dedicated number, separate from FF) that has gone west.

I've never been Gold or Platinum so perhaps there is a special phone number on those cards but, having paid the membership fee and being assured of all the wonderful "service" you are entitled to, it is a bit rich just to wait on hold.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:59 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I believe that the phone number you ring is irrelevant to your place in the queue, rather it determines what welcome message you receive, i.e. "Welcome to Qantas Platinum, please enter your frequent flyer number..."

The system assesses your status, and places you in the queue, and routes you accordingly. The same system is in place with telcos, and other businesses who want to cross or upsell you products, or simply prioritise customers, such as Vodafone contract customers verses prepaid.

I am of the opinion that outside of Australia the system does not work. When I have had to call the US number, thankfully they were not busy, but I had to request a premium rep as AA wrecked my DONE4, but that's a whole other thread.

I do feel sorry for AA ground staff, because the check in agent told me they have to call the same horrible system that other pax do. The just yell "agent" ten times to skip that seemingly never ending questioning.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I believe that the phone number you ring is irrelevant to your place in the queue, rather it determines what welcome message you receive, i.e. "Welcome to Qantas Platinum, please enter your frequent flyer number..."
Mostly, except if you are Platinum. Then you get access to the Premium Desk with more knowledgeable and better trained staff.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:05 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
But if you call the Platinum number, and type in a NB FF number, I'm sure you are routed to the normal call centre.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by deeruck
Mostly, except if you are Platinum. Then you get access to the Premium Desk with more knowledgeable and better trained staff.
Except on Sundays

Maybe l call at the right time and fluke it. The longest l've waited would probably be 5 minutes.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by m0hamed
But if you call the Platinum number, and type in a NB FF number, I'm sure you are routed to the normal call centre.
Yep, sorry, my point was that it wasn't just the "welcome message" that changed but also the physical call centre.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Every time I phone them I seem to wait at least 20 minutes, the other day it was 45.

I actually have stuff to do, and I can't change some of my tickets on your website.

Here is a novel idea, hire some more call center staff.
I give you even more novel idea. Go and fly more and become a WP. I have rarely had to hold on the phone, except in exceptional circumstance.

Well that's about the only solid benefit left as a WP anyway (exaggerated comment, no need for factual corrections about 100% extra points etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.