Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Jetstar 3K402 Check-in at AKL and other stuff

Jetstar 3K402 Check-in at AKL and other stuff

Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Rebound
My flight from AKL-SIN was unpleasant to start with, check-in was a zoo even though i was in early, it did not take long once i had checked in but its typical Jetstar passengers. Boarding was once again a zoo and the same went for when we were on board. They did not seem to be enforcing any carry on rules which i was surprised by, i saw passengers taking on average 2 bags each + duty free.

The A330-200 was pretty dirty, the tray tables were not clean, i had a lady behind me whos stomach touched the seat in front so i was asked not to recline, luckily i had a spare seat next to me so I swapped into that. Economy was around 70% full, StarClass had 3 passengers.

I purchased a meal + comfort kit - meal options were some sort of curry and rice, chicken and pasta or a vege option. Comfort kit was good, but the neck support is very uncomfortable.

The crew were excellent to some extent, the girl serving my side of the plane was good but once again passengers let their kids run around out of control for most the flight.

I sat in 24K (Window Seat) but i would recommend an aisle seat as the window seat has limited leg room.

Good Luck
Thanks, doesn't sound what we'll be getting on on TT trip AKL-MEL in late Jun (NZ PE...).

Well, I'll brief wifey and just think of the fact we only paid $99 for the fare.....

Was the check-in open prior to 2 hrs before departure? I just realised this could be a limitation to my plan to loaf at the QP outbound in AKL, and in SIN for several hours prior to departure on the return....and might need the elusive 'late checkout' from our hotel in SIN.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Mar 27, 2011 at 4:50 am
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Check-in Opened 3 hours exactly out from departure from AKL, i checked in at SIN a few hours ago (waiting to board now) and they had a Early check-in (about 50 minutes before they usually open) which was great, it doesn't sound like my flight is very full on the way back so i might board last and nab a 4 seater if possible.

Changi is a good airport and plenty to do if you are early, best bet is to head to Terminal 3 - there is free internet so you won't get too bored

I also paid $99 each way but put it this way, i would rather pay $1500 on Singapore r/t than the usual sale fare that jetstar have been running ($600-700 r/t + pay for everything on top of that)
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Rebound
I purchased a meal + comfort kit - meal options were some sort of curry and rice, chicken and pasta or a vege option. Comfort kit was good, but the neck support is very uncomfortable.
Thanks for the short review! Just a few questions, is 1 or 2 meals provided for the 10+hrs flight? Is there a water fountain in the cabin for drinking water? Does the comfort kit come with toothbrush and toothpaste?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks rebound - all very helpful detail.

Cheers, TK
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Cheers, TK
If you arrive early the chances of buy an upgrade will be higher. I take it the domestic flights are on separate tickets?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:08 pm

Just got back on 3K401 SIN-AKL and here are my notes.

Check-in was open early as i mentioned earlier, i asked about StarClass and they said it would be 50% (of the fare i paid or 50% off the StarClass fair i am not too sure, they didn't seem too sure) but was declined saying they would not upgrade pax.

Boarding was swift due to low pax numbers (Around 70 in economy, 2 in StarClass) however due to 2 passengers being late to board our flight was delayed a whopping 1hr20mins due to Flight Path Replanning!

Pax were moved to other seats for weight balancing and i went from the front to near the back of the aircraft, and snagged 4 seats in the middle which made for a somewhat pleasant flight back home. Most passengers got a pair of seats to themselves or 4 if you were quick ;-)

Hot meals were offered at the Start and and close to the end of the flight, the crew were excellent (SIN Based Crew). As i slept most the flight i have no idea what the meals were, and yes there is water fountains in the middle gallery of the aircraft.

The Comfort Kit includes:
- Blanket
- Eyeshade
- Socks
- Inflatable Neck/Shoulder support
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Earplugs
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
If you arrive early the chances of buy an upgrade will be higher. I take it the domestic flights are on separate tickets?
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Cheers, TK
Take a pillow!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
sounds like a very low load.
surprised they are not upselling to starclass... afterall on an empty aircraft its a few hundred dollars for some free drinks
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by moa999
sounds like a very low load.
surprised they are not upselling to starclass... afterall on an empty aircraft its a few hundred dollars for some free drinks
Well if you can snag 4 middle seats for the new JQ "Skybed Mk0.5" then why bother to pay for an upgrade, besides SC and QFF points.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:42 pm

Exactly, the attendants were great once again, they actually reserved me the exit row 2 seater but when they needed pax to move to the back, she went down and reserved the row while I gathered my things (she even told a few pax that this row was reserved)

I was also concerned about the load, If they can't make the direct routing sustainable I assume a stopover via Aus may soon come about (the plane passes over Sydney, Darwin as it is) - also the fact they were selling fares ow for $249+tax up until a week before my departures makes me think they are having difficulty filling the planes. The StarClass numbers in both directions were in particular, very low.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Haven't decided if it will be 'worth it' to buy up to Star Class. For our dates SC is $999 ow and JetSaver $449. If that means $550 per pax, I think we'd be better off staying in Y. If the buy-up is 1/2 the difference (unlikely) then, sure.

Booked AirNZ WLG-AKL and return so as to relax comfortably wherever possible in KC. At booking stage in Jun last year 3K pax were not allowed QC access. Allowing QC access to 3K pax is a most welcome development.

Friends (NZ Thais) flew out today to HKT via SIN, and were initially denied boarding as they are away for 30 days but didn't have Thai VISA - took 2 hours to sort out. Mrs TK has not provided the details as yet. Also, they purchased seats, but were allocated elsewhere. Don't know quite what the story is here, unless it is another low load with aircraft trim issues. They were unhappy.....at least at the time

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Apr 3, 2011 at 1:30 am
Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:44 am

Review of Jetstar's SIN-AKL flight in Starclass.

http://www.passportchop.com/oceania/...and/#more-7789
Old Apr 3, 2011, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ycp81
Review of Jetstar's SIN-AKL flight in Starclass.

http://www.passportchop.com/oceania/...and/#more-7789
Thanks - nice find.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.