Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas to stop baggage interline for flights on seperate PNRs

Qantas to stop baggage interline for flights on seperate PNRs

Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how a lot of the benefits of a "premium carrier" are being eroded since the appointment as CEO of someone with a history of warking for LCC's?

Dave
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by vbroucek
That's your oppinion/experience against mine. IMHO, airline that charges even for a glass of water is LCC. Even EasyJet will give each pax .5 lt bottle of good water for free during boarding...

To be honest, I do not have too much against DJ and I use it domestically, but never used it when goign overseas - simply because QF always interlined my lugage...

My comment about monopoly was meant more regarding international travel. Basically, everyone going from HBA to anywhere in the world with someone else than QF has just lost wonderful service that QF provided for ages - this will hurt particularly in SYD... Good bye QF transfer bus between domestic and International terminals...
Virgin Blue define themselves as a 'New World Carrier'. Make of that what you will, but they're becoming a full-service 'New World Carrier'. They've been forced to morph to attempt to garner more of a business market share.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That's your oppinion/experience against mine. IMHO, airline that charges even for a glass of water is LCC. Even EasyJet will give each pax .5 lt bottle of good water for free during boarding...
That definition would make nearly all the US carriers to be LCCs

Davr
Old Oct 21, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
My comment about monopoly was meant more regarding international travel. Basically, everyone going from HBA to anywhere in the world with someone else than QF has just lost wonderful service that QF provided for ages - this will hurt particularly in SYD... Good bye QF transfer bus between domestic and International terminals...
And why would you not just book your trips on the same PNR ?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by ozzie
Good question, simple answer.
  1. Because I usually book the long hauls looong time ahead when the deal is good and then wait for the best deal on domestic... For example I have already booked May/June 2011 on LX going SYD-BKK(TG)-ZRH-MXP||MUC-ZRH-JFK(LX)||JFK-SYD(UA).
  2. Because it was not necessary untill now... Will certainly do in the future...
Anyway, my trusted TA now put the passive sector into my main PNR for the May/June trip and I'll see what I can do.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:17 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
It is actually possible to add flights into a PNR and then ticket them - for last years Australian Open, I first saw my SYD-MEL flight appear, and it was ticketed - a few days later, the return flight appeared, same PNR, totally different ticket number (with the first ticket number still in the booking). Any half competent travel agent should be able to do it.

Dave
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:22 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
That's your oppinion/experience against mine. IMHO, airline that charges even for a glass of water is LCC. Even EasyJet will give each pax .5 lt bottle of good water for free during boarding....
I have never been given water on boarding an Easyjet flight for free.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:34 am

Anyway, my trusted TA now put the passive sector into my main PNR for the May/June trip and I'll see what I can do.
From the FAQ

Originally Posted by QF
10. If there are flights in the PNR as Passive Segments, will these be treated the same as bookings within the same PNR?
For the purposes of this policy change Passive Segments are to be treated as bookings within the same PNR provided they are booked on the same ticket.
Since it will not be on the same ticket then it will not help
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:25 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
From the FAQ

Since it will not be on the same ticket then it will not help
Yeah, I can read too... But in this case, it is my only chance other than carrying everything from SYD domestic to SYD international...
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:28 am

Yeah, I can read too... But in this case, it is my only chance other than carrying everything from SYD domestic to SYD international...
I wouldn't be getting hopes up on them transferring through. They now have some very clear and welll defined rules and would be surprised if they don't follow them
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I wouldn't be getting hopes up on them transferring through. They now have some very clear and welll defined rules and would be surprised if they don't follow them
I'll have to wait and see... Long time between now and then... They may change the mind...
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by ozzie
The main problem is, that my TA issues the Tickets in Germany.
So he has not access to the prices out of other countries.

For example I booked MUC-SIN with LH (on a very cheap Z-Fare). Then I wanted to add a premium-eco flight with QF.

Sorry, this is the quickest way from MUC to MEL. LH and QF even sell cheap eco tickets on that route, but Business is out of any range.

He only could offer me tickets that were 1000 Euro more expensive, because he had no access to the fares ex SIN. So I had to ticket it on two tickets.

LH and QF interlined neatly. But from now it wont be possible.

Then I wanted to Add a QF domestic flight and called QF: Not possible to add on bookings. Sorry -> 3rd PNR.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY!

Maybe I should try the Arabian carriers...
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
THIS IS NOT FUNNY!
This has never been anything that shoiuld have been expected and has been done despite not needing to be done

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Sorry, this is the quickest way from MUC to MEL
Maybe I should try the Arabian carriers...
LH/QF isn't the quickest routing to Melbourne

Emirates offer a 1 stop service to Melbourne with a 3hr 40 hour connection in Dubai

Looking at schedule in november, Emirates is 5hrs 50 to Dubai plus 13hrs 25 to Melbourne for a total journey time of 22hrs 55 minutes which is quicker than the 23 hrs 55 minutes using LH and QF ( 12:15 to SIN , 4:40 connection , 7 hrs to Melbourne ) plus will provide all the benefits of through ticketing

Dave

Last edited by Dave Noble; Oct 22, 2010 at 1:00 pm
Old Oct 22, 2010, 8:54 pm

[QUOTE=Tyrolean;14993837]Then I wanted to Add a QF domestic flight and called QF: Not possible to add on bookings. Sorry -> 3rd PNR.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY!
QUOTE]

Domestic does not matter - you need to collect bags and clear immigration and customs in all cases anyway.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:09 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
This is a typical "enhancement"

A BIG

Originally Posted by docbert
Well there goes the motivation to use Qantas for my domestic connections to United international.

Not only does the interlining go away, but so does the access to the SYD QF bus from domestic to international in most cases...

Goodbye Qantas. It's been fun.
Yep - Exactly!!!!

I'll be using Virgin Blue for my domestic flights now between MEL-SYD-MEL as a result of QF wanting to ENHANCE a process.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.