Platinum Any Time Access going?

Old Oct 5, 2010, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Platinum Any Time Access going?

Qantas seem to be having program tweaks all over the place. Here's another

Important information about Qantas Lounge access. From 1 February 2011, Platinum members must be travelling onward that day on a flight with a Qantas, Jetstar or oneworld flight number on your ticket to access Qantas Domestic or International lounge.
http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...-more-benefits
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by perthite
Qantas seem to be having program tweaks all over the place. Here's another

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...-more-benefits
Unlike the 2,400 PG move, this is a big downer. I have managed to use this benefit quite a few times so will be sad to see this go.

This confirms my view that QF really only wants to attract frequent shoppers rather than frequent flyers. Also our points are worth nothing.

My partner booked AA awards recently 2 x F awards on QF/CX which cost less than a single equivalent award booked on QF. Overall we tend to attract miles at roughly the same rate.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:13 pm

Whilst I seldom use the anytime lounge access, it's been handy to take my parents in when they fly home, or when I'm waiting for a visitor to arrive if their flight is late.

If your lurkers are here QF, this is just bad PR. Period. There's no way this anytime access would be costing them that much. The majority of Platinum's would not use this benefit, but it's useful when the proverbial hits the fan for others who you're helping with their travels.

I doubt a mass complaint to QF would do much, but a heap of WP's voicing their displeasure at this change can't necessarily be a bad thing.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drewbles
Whilst I seldom use the anytime lounge access, it's been handy to take my parents in when they fly home, or when I'm waiting for a visitor to arrive if their flight is late.

If your lurkers are here QF, this is just bad PR. Period. There's no way this anytime access would be costing them that much. The majority of Platinum's would not use this benefit, but it's useful when the proverbial hits the fan for others who you're helping with their travels.

I doubt a mass complaint to QF would do much, but a heap of WP's voicing their displeasure at this change can't necessarily be a bad thing.
Perhaps a max exodus to DJ would help, but sadly I can't see it happening, and QF know that.

DJ is not yet AN, despite it's recent efforts.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
This is just nasty, mean and petty. I seriously doubt that this beneifit costs Qantas very much at all; while I don't use it a great deal, it is a real godsend when I do. I am sending them a very stiffly worded note expressing my displeasure and I suggest that others do likewise..
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by whughes3
This is just nasty, mean and petty. I seriously doubt that this beneifit costs Qantas very much at all; while I don't use it a great deal, it is a real godsend when I do. I am sending them a very stiffly worded note expressing my displeasure and I suggest that others do likewise..
Perhaps a form letter well written (I'm not volunteering, my anger tends to cloud a well thought out and constructed argument in writing) and sent from us all to the execs at QF?

I know this has been done in the past on other forums when changes occur.

Not sure if it would be conveyed as lazy, or well organised by the QF PR people, if they even have them (as this is a move that is sure to generate bad will rather than goodwill).
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)
What I find insulting is that they package it up in a series of purported "benefits". The second line in the e-mail reads:

"The exceptional products and services you enjoy throughout your journey are <b>complemented by the rewards and privileges you receive as a Platinum Frequent Flyer</b>."

I think I must have missed something...
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Unlike the 2,400 PG move, this is a big downer. I have managed to use this benefit quite a few times so will be sad to see this go.
Agreed 100%. I've used this benifit more times that I care to remember, was one of the great advantages over SG.

Once again the loyalty factor seems to matter less and less to QF.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 5:52 pm

Perhaps a form letter well written (I'm not volunteering, my anger tends to cloud a well thought out and constructed argument in writing) and sent from us all to the execs at QF?

Not sure if it would be conveyed as lazy, or well organised by the QF PR people, if they even have them (as this is a move that is sure to generate bad will rather than goodwill).
I'd be first to sign that document! I'm sure most others would go along with it also.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: VS Gold, QPPS, CX, DJ, SG, AA, NH
Count me in, as long as it covers all member classes and the downgrade of service. As a QPNB, the removal of priority domestic check-in has me spitting chips right now.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
It matters little for me as QF NZ does not have any domestic lounges anymore to use this benefit.
I must say that I have used it in Australia when I had to wait for a colleague arriving on another flight.
All these changes, did they use the word "enhancement", are obviously the result of the surveys we have completed. You know, crowded lounges = removal of WP free loaders without onwards flights on QF, ow or JQ.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
So here comes the other 'hand' that I eluded to the other day...

Let me get this right, so far on the 'give' column, we have:

- The 2400SC PG change to include 'friends'
- More luggage allowance

On the 'take' column, we have:

- No more anytime access for WP

* I'm not counting the preferential award seats, because it's an existing benefit (be it undocumented) and you can't quantify it.

I must say the costs saved or additional to QF is probably minimal, but the negative impressions this is generating seems far greater than the positives.

Just to think I was about to plan my travel in 2011 and renew WP on the way... :-/
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Extremely disappointing.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton

Dear drewbles,

Thank you for your valuable feedback dated XX Oct 2010 regarding changes to our Frequent Flyer Program.

The changes we are implementing have been designed after in-depth customer research and surveys. We have listened to our many customers and decided to introduce these changes to further improve your experience when flying Qantas.

From Feburary, you can take more checked luggage. We have also introduced a world leading check-in process, allowing you to maximise your time to relax at our lounges. When you travel, the number of guests you can take into the lounge remains unchanged. As a Platinum member, you also have more award seatings available to you that is not available to other Frequent Flyer members. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions available on www.qantas.com.au.

We are enhancing our offering in flight, particularly in Business and First class. With new deliveries of the A380's in 2011, we will deliver an ever better service in the future.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to your next flight with Qantas.

Yours sincerely,

Some-guy-who-honestly-doesn't-really-give-a-sh*t
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:56 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
This is a real bummer and something I will really miss. I have used this a few times and it was always nice. It also means you can't use the QP as an arrivals lounge anymore to freshen up after a PER-SYD or DRW-SYD red eye.

A nicely worded letter would really be the right thing to do. Anybody here who can do this? Maybe together with AFF?

QF is following in the foodsteps of LH here who got rid of anytime lounge access a few months ago and QF and LH always share their ideas on a senior management level.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.