Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Any Time Access going?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
It seems if you are not based in Australia QF just do not value you.
I too receive fewer email notifications than many OZ based members.
That explains it. I have been feeling increasingly undervalued by QF anyway, due to a few poor experiences lately. They won't be getting any more international business from me except for points redemption anyway, so I guess that goes two ways

Originally Posted by Leumas
Personally, I think the entire QC concept should go.
I agree. QC crowds the lounge. Of course I assume it's a good revenue source for QF so I can't see it going any time soon.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:10 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
If anybody has a good QF management E-Mail address to send something to then I would appreciate a PM. I will be using the template which danger has kindly provided.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I feel so valued. I have not even been notified of any of the changes at all.
Unfortunately that is normal for QF. I very rarely get updates on anything (this no exception) and the few I do get such as the recent CEO letter are obviously written for Australian-based members since some of the info is incorrect for those living elsewhere.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Is anyone really surprised? My love for QF died a few years ago after constant devaluations.... first the increased levels after AN, then further reductions, losing upgrades, more increases in redemptions then the credit card lock in, now this...
Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I agree. QC crowds the lounge. Of course I assume it's a good revenue source for QF so I can't see it going any time soon.
I spent 6 months "crowding" the UK BA lounges courtesy of QC while I worked my way to BA Silver from a zero start on domestic flights. (And that was a reaction to BD's devaluations in January).

I'm not sure we want to get into a "greater right than thou" access to QF lounges. Would you prefer the US carriers' model of ONLY providing domestic lounge access to paid memberships and foreign flying elites but excluding their own flying elites?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The issue of overcrowding at Qantas Clubs has come up numerous times on fora and every time, it seems that most people think that access should be restricted more, though ( of course ) always recommending that the change be such that they still have access whilst it be reduced for others

It looks like Qantsa have taken a step towards addressing the issue and, unsurprisingly, one group has been affected

Restricting to departing passengers seems a sensible starting spot
Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
If anybody has a good QF management E-Mail address to send something to then I would appreciate a PM. I will be using the template which danger has kindly provided.
Use the "feedback" page on the QF website..this allows you to enter your FF# and it appears that submissions from Plats get top priority (and often elicit a personal phone call in response..though in this case not for me so far!).

Last edited by whughes3; Oct 7, 2010 at 3:13 pm
Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The issue of overcrowding at Qantas Clubs has come up numerous times on fora and every time, it seems that most people think that access should be restricted more, though ( of course ) always recommending that the change be such that they still have access whilst it be reduced for others

It looks like Qantsa have taken a step towards addressing the issue and, unsurprisingly, one group has been affected

Restricting to departing passengers seems a sensible starting spot
As per most of the comments above, it is hard to see this move having more than the most insignificant influence on QC usage levels; and at the price of pissing off a lot of their most valuable customers, it seems pretty poor business judgement.

If they are seriously interested in reducing QC crowding, a great place to start would be to crack down on the huge discount deals for QC membership offered to various interest groups which seem to be rife these days.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by whughes3
As per most of the comments above, it is hard to see this move having more than the most insignificant influence on QC usage levels; and at the price of pissing off a lot of their most valuable customers, it seems pretty poor business judgement.
To Me Either

(a) there isn't a huge usage in which case the impact is small so why be so pissed off
(b) it is being used a lot by members either arriving on a flight or departing on a non OW/JQ flight in which case it will make an impact

Originally Posted by whughes3
If they are seriously interested in reducing QC crowding, a great place to start would be to crack down on the huge discount deals for QC membership offered to various interest groups which seem to be rife these days.
Or more financially sensible, remove the free access to QF Gold/Platinum members and require that they purchase membership if they want lounge access domestically ( perhaps offered at a reduced rate c.f. AA )

Dave
Old Oct 7, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
...It looks like Qantsa have taken a step...
I think you will find that the airline's name is 'Quantas'
Old Oct 7, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, ICH RA, HH Silver, Hyatt GP
I will be one of those who will start looking at alternatives as QF continues to strip me (this will probably soon turn into rape).

Since JQ is taking over many of my domestic/ international routes and no points earned on econ flights on JQ- with DJ, points can be earned in economy class and you can earn points for the Virgin Galatic flight.

http://www.virginblue.com.au/AboutUs...s/P_007355.htm

DJ also status match QF platinum's so I think its time for me to seek alternatives.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 4:42 pm

To Me Either

(a) there isn't a huge usage in which case the impact is small so why be so pissed off
(b) it is being used a lot by members either arriving on a flight or departing on a non OW/JQ flight in which case it will make an impact
Given that Plats are a small fraction of the QC audience, what may be insignificant overall may well be distinctly significant for them. And annoying me infrequently is still annoying me.

Or more financially sensible, remove the free access to QF Gold/Platinum members and require that they purchase membership if they want lounge access domestically ( perhaps offered at a reduced rate c.f. AA )

Dave
Have you done any financial analysis of this, or is this just speculation? And hands up everyone who thinks QC should be more like AC's...
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Princess Fiona over on AFF has sent her email to [email protected]. So far, she hasn't reported that it has bounced back (nor has she reported receiving a reply). Hickey is the CEO of QFF.

I've written a letter (more detailed than the one I provided above) to Hickey. The crux of my letter focuses on (i) the withdrawal of anytime access, (ii) a big incentive now to switch to AAdvantage (one point per mile transatlantic with BA; points (miles) upgrades on BA and IB) and (ii) the now glowing similarities between Gold and Platinum (Next Generation Check-In, premium security lanes, Q bag tags, on departure upgrades, priority waitlisting, priority boarding, priority check-in (domestically) and complimentary Qantas Club membership are all benefits of Gold and Platinum).
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:33 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Constructive suggestion for authors of letters (or even emails): keep them short and to the point as well as concentrating on one issue only. Long letters identifying multiple issues are rarely read - or just one issue is focused on and the rest ignored.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
It isn't the impact of this alone of the this one decision, it is the ongoing removal of a range of published and unpublished benefits over several years that I think annoys people. One just can't but help wonder what is next? No more F lounge when flying Y? Reduction in status bonus? I didn't get an email, they don't really care about O/S members, which is fine.

I am no longer pissed off. I am just giving up on QF, which is OK by them I assume and is definitely OK by me. There are just as good/better products out there that suit my needs (DJ, SQ, EK to name a few).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.