Platinum Any Time Access going?

Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you wanted to claim against Qantas for breach of contract , you would be required to mitigate your losses.

Also , since the membership provided is complimentary rather than paid for, I would see it hard to quantify a valid loss from the free membership

The original announcement was no later than the start of October ( based on the start of this thread ) so I only see there being 2 months remaining from the original notification anyway
Are the change requirements for the T&C of the QFF program actually relevant for the Access Policy of The Qantas Club?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by perthite
Are the change requirements for the T&C of the QFF program actually relevant for the Access Policy of The Qantas Club?

Yes - Qantas club and international lounges are a benefit provided under the frequent flyer program (my bolding):
3.2 Qantas will use best efforts to advise Members of material changes to these Terms and Conditions and, where such changes will limit Benefits:
(a) where the Benefit is provided by Qantas, to give Members at least 6 months' notice;
(b) where the Benefit is provided by a third party, where possible give Members at least 30 days' notice.
While Dave is correct that you should try to mitigate your losses, in this case it would be pretty much limited to ensuring that the pay lounge you chose was of similar standard to a Qantas lounge for which you were claiming the benefit (anytime access permits use of biz class lounge). So for example if there was a choice between a pay-in First class lounge, and a pay-in Biz class lounge (with different costs), then you should reasonably expect to use the biz class lounge. If you happened to by flying Virgin in Australia, then buying access to The Lounge would be reasonable I would have thought.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 7:25 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by danger
Apparently not:

This is in line with some other posts from those living abroad who claim they haven't received any email or formal notification from Qantas about the changes.
Priority pass came through and emailed me a letter of confirmation of my membership. I must say I've dealt with their HK call centre a few times and the service has been excellent. QF could learn a thing or two.

I dropped by the BKK QF J lounge on the way past. They have definitely received the memo and I was refused access.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:40 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
QF have justed redeemed themselves by giving me an op-up Y to Y+. It's not fair really, I much prefer being angry at Qantas.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:59 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Did anyone else notice that we seem to have been granted Domestic J Lounge Access on arrival now? It came through on today's FF email. See the last point at http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...#in-the-lounge
Old Feb 16, 2011, 7:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Yes, that was mentioned recently. However, as many will atest to from their own experience, it seemed perfectly acceptable to use even the J Lounge for anytime access. Therefore, it doesn't mean much and can hardly be considered an 'enhancement'.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Did anyone else notice that we seem to have been granted Domestic J Lounge Access on arrival now? It came through on today's FF email. See the last point at http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...#in-the-lounge
Thanks, this page, along with other similar ones, are duly printed and tucked in my bag.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.