QF Platinum- Jetstar Benefits?

Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, ICH RA, HH Silver, Hyatt GP
QF Platinum- Jetstar Benefits?

Can a QF platinum member check in at Starclass counters when flying economy?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by jcjchung
Can a QF platinum member check in at Starclass counters when flying economy?
No
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
... CL can ...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:37 pm

Going off the title of the thread only, MORE MORE MORE. A good start would be free checked in weight, up to 20kg.

Not only for Plats, but also Golds and QC members.

The only benefit I can see is QC entry, and at some airports that are serviced by Jetstar, they aren't available (eg; Byron Bay/Ballina). If DJ has similar priced fare (which it has 99% of the time) but better departure time, l fly DJ.

YMMV though.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:09 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Personally I'd like to check in for JQ at the QF First counter, get Express outbound and inbound cards as well as priority baggage.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:16 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
The single biggest benefit JQ could offer me would be check-in MORE than 2hrs prior to domestic departure.

JQ is the only practical option for flying on my most frequent route - NTL-MEL-NTL, unless you go via SYD with OT.

I do a lot of work at the airport, and it's a right pain in the arse to have to muck about with bags and not just be able to check them in and be done with it.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 9:25 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Absolutely agree with you, shillard. But isn't it comical? First the airline has us chuffed for not allowing use of F check-in, then not allowing Starclass check-in, and now it is down to not allowing Y check-in early enough. Quite adept ratcheting down of expectations of just what WP benefits should be
Old Aug 28, 2010, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, ICH RA, HH Silver, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Personally I'd like to check in for JQ at the QF First counter, get Express outbound and inbound cards as well as priority baggage.
As a platinum, are you allowed to check in at QF first class counters for JQ flights?

Surely this is not allowed.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by jcjchung
As a platinum, are you allowed to check in at QF first class counters for JQ flights?

Surely this is not allowed.
Indeed, not allowed.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:33 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
The single biggest benefit I'd like to see is JQ ceasing to exist and instead all JQ routes become (revert to) QF.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
+1 on that.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 1:42 am

The only tangible benefit of QF Plat when flying Jetstar is QP access, and if flying through an international terminal ie SYD & MEL the ability to use the QP First Lounges. Gotta love my overnight MEL/SYD/MEL run on JQ3/JQ29.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 3:15 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by under the clocks
The only tangible benefit of QF Plat when flying Jetstar is QP access, and if flying through an international terminal ie SYD & MEL the ability to use the QP First Lounges.
Actually the first one (QP access) is not a tangible benefit of a QF Plat flying Jetstar. It is a benefit of being Platinum, whether flying Jetstar, Virgin Blue or not flying at all. The second (access to FCL lounges at SYD & MEL) is a tangible benefit, flying all other non-OW airlines (unless on QF code) access is only to Intl J lounges.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:42 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
QF has announced that all 15 of the first batch of 787 deliveries are going to JQ ... so it isn't about to cease to exist. That suggests 2 or 3 more routes going to JQ internationally (presumably the long-rumoured FCO and ATH but maybe something surprising like Berlin. I'm betting BKK will also become a JQ route, maybe all the way to LHR if QF needs leverage with its staff.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:11 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Could the 787s have a better *class product?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.