Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Weather warning forces Qantas A380 down in Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weather warning forces Qantas A380 down in Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
Originally Posted by LMB01
We were also informed that our new pilot was the number one A380 pilot - we had the best.
Was it weird having the same voice over the PA as you did on the safety demo?

I met him at the Avalon Airshow and remember the first words out of my mouth were "HEY, YOURE IN THE SAFETY VIDEO" and he just smiled and said "Yep, lucky that I get to spend most of my time up the front.. I'm not used to signing autographs!" - great bloke!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM (Lifetime Gold); Marriott Gold; National Exec Emerald's
[QUOTE=bugayev;14492420]Was it weird having the same voice over the PA as you did on the safety demo?

QUOTE]

I must admit I did not notice that. I did find it strange that the new pilot did not speak to the passengers on the ground before departure. You know, you normally get the "welcome aboard" comments and such. Perhaps they were just very busy in the cockpit with the logistics of getting us out of there. He did a great job of turning that bird on the end of the runway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.