Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Upgrade a QF points booking on BA with cash?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:53 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

I know it's not possible with QF, but I have booked 2 FF redemption tickets from BKK-SYD on BA9 in Club World. I also hold a travel voucher on BA that I have found little use for because I usually booked DONEX tickets. Would it be possible to contact BA to upgrade our booking from CW to F using the voucher?

Alternatively BA have offered to upgrade my next flight, however this offer was for me and a family member, not my partner. Has anyone had experience using these customer relations offers? The last time I tried to use the upgrade from LHR-JFK the BA staff in the Galleries First Lounge had no idea of the upgrade request and when I showed them the email they contacted Special Services by which time the F cabin was full as has occurred the last 3 times I've tried to use this offer.

Last edited by m0hamed; Jul 21, 2010 at 4:28 am
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You cannot upgrade the award flight with cash. If the voucher is a cash value then no.

As far as the upgrade goes from customer service, you would need to speak to customer service and ask. If the upgrade was a compensation for some event that happened to you and a specific family member, I would have expected that the upgrades would be for those affected and not transferrable.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:41 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thanks Dave. BA emailed back overnight stating that they can't do the upgrade. They have offered to upgrade my partner and I on our next BA flight, but as I mentioned prior, and I think as many others' experience, these upgrade requests rarely get honoured. My opinion is that there is a disconnect between BA Cutomer Relations and ground services at the airport. The BA Customer Relations rep assured me that the request had been made, and even called me 2 days before the flights to confirm, but noone at the airport had any record of the request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.