Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chasing points from LAN flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Question Chasing points from LAN flight

I had a flight from AKL-SYD on LAN on 27th Feb. I waited a week but nothing turned up in my account.I went to claim missing points on the QF site, filled in my details and got the automatic email reply. It is now more than the 14 working days since and still no luck. What is the best thing to do next? email, phone or letter? I still have my BP with QFF number on it.
I dont know if the earthquake caused problems, but I thought they would have come through by now

I just checked my activity statement and it had:
UNSUCCESSFUL - NAME MISMATCH
LA 801 ECONOMY 27FEB10 AUCKLAND/SYDNEY

Last edited by grozzy; Mar 27, 2010 at 10:56 pm Reason: checked activity statement
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:00 pm

Programs: QF LTG, TG *P, IHG P
Originally Posted by grozzy
What is the best thing to do next? email, phone or letter? I still have my BP with QFF number on it.
My experience is that LAN flights have never posted for me without me following them up. Send a scan of your E-ticket & BP with a covering email to [email protected]
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:10 pm

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
Originally Posted by gaia
My experience is that LAN flights have never posted for me without me following them up. Send a scan of your E-ticket & BP with a covering email to [email protected]
+1

Fax your BP to QF FF number.

AKL-SYD never posts on LAN
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:21 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I also have many denied claims for LA flights (YYZ-JFK, IPC-PPT) and usually sending another E-Mail will get it sorted.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:32 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Its a real lottery. My QF FF number & status have shown on LA BPs, but I had only a 50% success rate (ie 1 out of 2) in having recent flights automatically posted to my QF statement.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Flights AKL-SYD have not posted in a year.
SYD-AKL flights post automatically.
I have spoken to QFF about this and they are aware of the problem. They have encouraged others to contact them regarding LAN posting issues.
As others have said in this thread ad a recent other you need to send an email with the scanned boarding pass to QFF and they will credit the LAN flights.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Fax or email with scanned BP works. For AKL-SYD specifically I don't even bother waiting for the points to fail to credit because it is so consistently bad (and as Blackcloud says QFF knows it is a problem).
Old Mar 28, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG
The issue appears to be that LAN's system includes the term 'Adult' in its name fields. This is, of course, rejected by the QF system as a 'NAME MISMATCH'.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

If it is doing that, it is only at AKL. Other LA flights (ex SYD, SCL, EZE, LPB, UIO, LIM, BOG, CCS, MVD, etc) credit no problems at all.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:03 pm

And its not just a QFF issue. SYD-AKL posted no problem to Aadvantage but AKL-SYD did not, despite AA number appearing on boarding pass. Requesting credit online didn't work - the reply was something along the line of "The partner airline could not confirm the details provided" Also required faxing in eticket and BP
Old Mar 28, 2010, 5:06 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If it is doing that, it is only at AKL. Other LA flights (ex SYD, SCL, EZE, LPB, UIO, LIM, BOG, CCS, MVD, etc) credit no problems at all.
Not my experience with many flights not posting. But the issue might be that I am often upgrading to J using FFP.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:52 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

How are you upgrading LA flights with QFF points?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: QF / QR WP, VA plat, SQ*G, HH diamond
Glad it's not just me who has problems - LA 801 AKL - SYD never credits in my experience, sent more BPs to QFF last thursday and got a call from them with apology for this repeat problem, so they are aware of it, points and SCs still not posted however.
Also had recent recurrent problems with CX flights posting ex HKG and TPE.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 3:10 am
Aman Contributor Badge

How are you upgrading LA flights with QFF points?
Didn't say I am upgrading with QF Points. I am using LANPASS KM of course.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:37 am

Programs: AA PLT; QFF SG
Fax or email with scanned BP works. For AKL-SYD specifically I don't even bother waiting for the points to fail to credit because it is so consistently bad (and as Blackcloud says QFF knows it is a problem).
Apologies for reviving an old thread - just wanted to ask how long points / SCs take to post if following them up in this way immediately after flying LAN?

Last time I flew with them it took about two weeks because I waited for the claim to fail (again, a name mismatch and seemed to think I was in Y not J), submitted the missing points request and then had to do the follow up email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.