Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chasing points from LAN flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
Originally Posted by djfuzz
Apologies for reviving an old thread - just wanted to ask how long points / SCs take to post if following them up in this way immediately after flying LAN?

Last time I flew with them it took about two weeks because I waited for the claim to fail (again, a name mismatch and seemed to think I was in Y not J), submitted the missing points request and then had to do the follow up email.
When I have called following sending an e-mail, they usually do it on the spot.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: VS Gold, QPPS, CX, DJ, SG, AA, NH
LA points according to all accounts can take as long as JQ to credit (10-14 days). If they don't arrive within 3-4 days of flying, I just get into the habit of submitting the online claim form and wait for them to credit.

Of course if it's getting close to your annual deadline, a phone call to the QFF service centre can speed things up pretty quickly if you're a little impatient.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 3:47 am

Programs: AA PLT; QFF SG
Originally Posted by bugayev
When I have called following sending an e-mail, they usually do it on the spot.
I did email and follow up with a call a few days later. Unfortunately, they told me I'd have to wait until the LAN claim was rejected before they would credit the points - they had no idea when that may or may not come through.

Rather frustrating as I'm on the precipice of a status threshold, and have technically crossed it but am still waiting for the points to properly credit to put me over.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
Originally Posted by djfuzz
I did email and follow up with a call a few days later. Unfortunately, they told me I'd have to wait until the LAN claim was rejected before they would credit the points - they had no idea when that may or may not come through.

Rather frustrating as I'm on the precipice of a status threshold, and have technically crossed it but am still waiting for the points to properly credit to put me over.
Unfortunately that's a case of calling back and asking again. I had that response initially, then read here that they can do it immediately, then called again a few days later and politely insisted. Explaining that LAN has a 100% failure rate on crediting these flights does help too.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 4:53 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, HH Blue, SPG PLatinum
Thumbs down LA801

I also had the same problem, akl/syd never credits, I was in discount business cl, says name mis match too
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Fax or email with scanned BP works. For AKL-SYD specifically I don't even bother waiting for the points to fail to credit because it is so consistently bad (and as Blackcloud says QFF knows it is a problem).
Could you give me that fax-number or email address ? I could'nt find anything on the qantas web and I have to claim points from Iberia which is impossible to do online.

Cheers

Joerg
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
This email address works for me normally:

frequent_flyer(at)qantas.com.au
Old Jul 31, 2010, 2:37 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by serfty
This email address works for me normally:

frequent_flyer(at)qantas.com.au
Yes this always works for me. Which I will have to do next week after my LAN flight this morning.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 4:58 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by guybaxy
I also had the same problem, akl/syd never credits, I was in discount business cl, says name mis match too
As it was explained to me by the QF lounge agent, the name on your QF card and in your passport must match, otherwise LA tries to make your QF number a LA number. As such, you need to either see a LA agent at check-in or at the gate to manually override the system and add your QF number to your booking. After doing this on my last trip all LA segments (SYD-AKL-SYD) posted within 4 days of flying. I was especially impressed given that AKL-SYD was manually boarded due to computer errors.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I also have many denied claims for LA flights (YYZ-JFK, IPC-PPT) and usually sending another E-Mail will get it sorted.
I am looking at flying Toronto to JFK later this year.

Regarding the YYZ-JFK/JFK-YYZ flights; given there is only 1 LAN flight per day, what happens to pax if this flight is cancelled or suffers a large delay 4+ hours.

When flying to Toronto from JFK I will need to be in Toronto that same day, so I can afford a delayed flight, but not a cancelled flight.
Same scenario for my return flight to JFK.

Would I have the option of being put on the next available AA flight?

Perhaps its in my best interest to give LAN a miss on this occasion and book with the carriers who have more frequent daily flights between the two cities?

cheers
Old Aug 5, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Adam1
I am looking at flying Toronto to JFK later this year.

Regarding the YYZ-JFK/JFK-YYZ flights; given there is only 1 LAN flight per day, what happens to pax if this flight is cancelled or suffers a large delay 4+ hours.

When flying to Toronto from JFK I will need to be in Toronto that same day, so I can afford a delayed flight, but not a cancelled flight.
Same scenario for my return flight to JFK.

Would I have the option of being put on the next available AA flight?

Perhaps its in my best interest to give LAN a miss on this occasion and book with the carriers who have more frequent daily flights between the two cities?

cheers
IME LAN will book you on another carrier if cancelled or significantly delayed. eg. last Monday for me.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Adam1
It depends on your own risk tolerance.

While LA will likely rebook affected passengers the alternative flights may be inconvenient for you (or full).
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:10 am

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Thanks for the replies, good to know there is a good chance of being re-booked onto another flight.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 5:07 pm

Just to let people know.
My LA801 flight last Saturday has credited my QF account, quite fast.
I did put in an online claim on Tuesday but i do not know if this caused the credit. Will report if it rejects on the account.

Last edited by Blackcloud; Aug 6, 2010 at 7:49 pm
Old Aug 7, 2010, 6:46 pm

Duplicate Claim

I flew AKL/SYD on the 23rd in Business and on the 3rd of August I got and entry saying duplicate claim rejected but I had no other entries. I emailed my boarding pass and e-ticket (luckily it is easy to print at LAN.com) and the points were then credited to my account no problem.

Does seem strange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.