Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F SYD to LHR for A$5745 return!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:18 am

If you don't get any joy.

SImply ask the bank for the credit card dispute form - one of the boxes available is that you purchased goods online you have not received. Boom bank chases the merchant for selling something they have not delivered on.

As it is then fraud.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
This still hasn't been fixed yet...
To the OP - once they take your money, there is offer and acceptance ie a contract is formed. The agent has an obligation to deliver the service. You'd be on pretty solid grounds to force them to honour the sale - it'd even be worth the $100s to get a solicitor in WA to act on your behalf in order to obtain an order that the company has to fulfil contractual obligations.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:14 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by 747-444
[SIZE="2"] - one of the boxes available is that you purchased goods online you have not received. Boom bank chases the merchant for selling something they have not delivered on.
so long as the merchant is keeping quiet on the mistake / fraud or whatever. Bestflights (in my case) acknowledged the problem and took their sweet time in doing the refund (2 months). If the bank knows the merchant accepts there is a mistake (etc), they will do nothing.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:04 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Slightly OT

Who in their right mind would pay 5.5K for Y+? you could travel J class for the same amount or around 1K more at worst.

CJ
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:49 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Who in their right mind would pay 5.5K for Y+? you could travel J class for the same amount or around 1K more at worst.

CJ
Some people are required by contract to travel in Y or Y+ (often no distinction is made). They don't care about the price -- it is reimbursed -- but do care about the fare code Many airlines do things like offer more FF miles to encourage using Y instead of B or H (e.g. AA has Y the same as J). Finally Y has no restrictions and almost never sold out (i.e. most airlines will bump some discounted fare from the flight in order to sell a Y seat), so sometimes Y is available when J is sold out I think QF offers a guaranteed Y seat as a WP benefit (not really a benefit as they will do this for anyone).
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by number_6
I think QF offers a guaranteed Y seat as a WP benefit (not really a benefit as they will do this for anyone).
It is a benefit since otherwise, if Y has no availability, they will not sell it. The Platinum benefit provides guaranteed availability for H and Y class for member plus 1

I have been on flights only recently where Y was zeroed and couldn't be booked without the use of the Platinum benefit

Dave
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF*WP QF*LTG
Gday all

Thanks for all your comments and advise ^

I am still waiting to get the matter solved however have had phone calls back from Bestflights ensuring me they are working on this. I should have final outcome next week. They have been very good in getting some information to me...

Apparantly it's now a matter for QF to solve as they would have loaded the fare/booking class in to the system?! Not sure how it all works?!

I have been advised that I'm entitled to the F tickets as I would not have any way of knowing the tickets would be in Y+.

Thanks again - update to follow
Thaigold
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:25 am

I think QF offers a guaranteed Y seat as a WP benefit (not really a benefit as they will do this for anyone).
Not quite a guarantee, as I once discovered:

(e) Qantas may occasionally have to restrict this facility without prior notice on some routes or under special circumstances;
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:51 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by thaigold
Apparantly it's now a matter for QF to solve as they would have loaded the fare/booking class in to the system?! Not sure how it all works?!

I have been advised that I'm entitled to the F tickets as I would not have any way of knowing the tickets would be in Y+.
So they have hand balled you back to QF? QF are not going to care as you made the booking through a 3rd party.

You won't be getting F tickets from QF. That's my opinion anyway
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:04 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by AndDee
So they have hand balled you back to QF? QF are not going to care as you made the booking through a 3rd party.

You won't be getting F tickets from QF. That's my opinion anyway
It sounds like it, but OP said that the TA claimed he was entitled to F tickets. That's gotta count for something. Even if QF doesn't do anything (and I don't think they will), the OP can go back to the TA and tell them to fix it.

I didn't think they would, but ^ if the TA honors this.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by thaigold
Methinks they may be telling porkies.

Qantas publishes a list of fares. The bestflights IT system picks these up and converts them into readable format for people to search on.

So from my understanding, it is Bestflights that does the translation between "R" and First - not Qantas telling Bestflights that R is a First class fare.

Certainly notice was given to agents advising of this change. I think Bestflights may not have noted the change correctly, or implemented the change properly.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:30 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I reckon a full refund + some minor compensation is the best you can hope for.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AUS_MD
Not quite a guarantee, as I once discovered:
I believe that if the booking class is closed to waitlisting, then it can be declined. I have only used the benefit once ( for 2 sectors ) in the 9 years of having access to it so not the most major benefit around imo

Dave
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:42 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I think the onus remains on best flights as QF notified TAs

From Qantas Industry Sales

https://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn...ws/200910/1050

Qantas Introduces R Class for International Premium Economy 22 October 2009

Effective 04 November 2009, Qantas will introduce the R inventory class for use in the International Premium Economy Cabin for departures on or after Monday 16 November 2009.

R class will be inventory controlled and sit between W class and T class.

T class year round fares will move to R class. T class will be used for tactical fares as required.

For existing ticketed T class bookings, these will remain unchanged rather than being reaccommodated in R class. Any unticketed T class bookings should either:
1. remain in T class and be ticketed before Wednesday 04 November 2009; or
2. be rebooked to R class and ticketed in accordance with ticketing time limits.

GDS availability displays and fares will be updated from 04 November 2009.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 2:08 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Some people are required by contract to travel in Y or Y+ (often no distinction is made). They don't care about the price -- it is reimbursed -- but do care about the fare code Many airlines do things like offer more FF miles to encourage using Y instead of B or H (e.g. AA has Y the same as J). Finally Y has no restrictions and almost never sold out (i.e. most airlines will bump some discounted fare from the flight in order to sell a Y seat), so sometimes Y is available when J is sold out I think QF offers a guaranteed Y seat as a WP benefit (not really a benefit as they will do this for anyone).
Noted but I'd still pay the extra out of my own pocket and fly JAL for 6250AUD SYD-LHR-SYD (current J fare) and get my status credits and points. And for not too much a difference in a seat or service or food I'm told. The QF J offering for 5k more mind you is hardly worth the extra other than the IFE. However, if work pays for J it's QF all the way If they only do Y/Y+ I'd pay the extra and do a JAL where possible or even AY in J.

CJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.