Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Saudia : IST - CGK $778 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:01 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- all widebody legs

- books into I

- does not work OW this time

https://www.momondo.com/flightsearch...false&NA=false
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:05 pm

one way 630$, and short stopover.
for position flight its good i think, since you can use many good fares from south asia.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:11 am

also works to KUL witch gives you 787 insted of 777
IST-JED is in A330
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:50 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by criced
also works to KUL witch gives you 787 insted of 777
IST-JED is in A330
I think most Saudia SE Asia destinations work for the same price i.e. MNL as well.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:51 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raporot
one way 630$, and short stopover.
for position flight its good i think, since you can use many good fares from south asia.
True - I was hoping to see $350 OW
raporot likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: FB
I would like to fly the following trip to qualify for Flying Blue platinum by the end of 2017. It yields about 20K level miles. Positioning I do from Amsterdam on an KLM award ticket which gives me about 6h of transfer time in IST.

I realize SV is not the best airliner and their service or transfer facilities are not great. But since the price of the ticket (660eu) via OTA I don’t really care.

I have some question about the trip though:
- I looked into it and I don’t need a transit visa for both JED and CGK. I’m I correct?
- Is 2h transit time in CGK enough? I found that the flights arrive and depart in domestic terminal 3. I only travel with hand luggage.
- I don’t think there is a ST of SV lounge in CGK T3, correct?
- Are there other things I should pay attention to when booking/flying this trip?

Thanks guys!
raporot likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by JPFr
I would like to fly the following trip to qualify for Flying Blue platinum by the end of 2017. It yields about 20K level miles. Positioning I do from Amsterdam on an KLM award ticket which gives me about 6h of transfer time in IST.

I realize SV is not the best airliner and their service or transfer facilities are not great. But since the price of the ticket (660eu) via OTA I don’t really care.

I have some question about the trip though:
- I looked into it and I don’t need a transit visa for both JED and CGK. I’m I correct?
- Is 2h transit time in CGK enough? I found that the flights arrive and depart in domestic terminal 3. I only travel with hand luggage.
- I don’t think there is a ST of SV lounge in CGK T3, correct?
- Are there other things I should pay attention to when booking/flying this trip?

Thanks guys!
CGK T3 has a SkyTeam lounge from Garuda Indonesia.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I dont think you need a visa as long as the layover is less than 12 hours.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Is there a minimum stay? How many turns would one have to do to get to FB Plat?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:53 am

Hi, I'm doing the same ams-ist with KLM than ist-jed-cgk-jed-ist with a 2hr stopover on the 29th of nov. To get some more miles which I can take with me to next yr I do a ist-ruh-mnl-ruh-ist behind it. As far as I have seen you don't need a visa. I'll let you know how my transfer went in CGK!
@GetSetJetSet there is no minimum stay, my whole ist-jed-cgk-jed-ist-ruh-mnl-ruh-ist trip will give me around 40k level miles and 70k award miles as I still am Gold and need 25k level to become platinum.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by jiaogulan
CGK T3 has a SkyTeam lounge from Garuda Indonesia.
that lounge is not the greatest, even though it's new... but it should do for a short stay.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: FB Plat
who can tell me; what are overnight transfers like at JED?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Sieto
who can tell me; what are overnight transfers like at JED?
We had a 4 or so hour connection last month in JED and it was ok.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by joostf
Hi, I'm doing the same ams-ist with KLM than ist-jed-cgk-jed-ist with a 2hr stopover on the 29th of nov. To get some more miles which I can take with me to next yr I do a ist-ruh-mnl-ruh-ist behind it. As far as I have seen you don't need a visa. I'll let you know how my transfer went in CGK!
@GetSetJetSet there is no minimum stay, my whole ist-jed-cgk-jed-ist-ruh-mnl-ruh-ist trip will give me around 40k level miles and 70k award miles as I still am Gold and need 25k level to become platinum.
So if I was gunning for FB status, are these earning 1 FB mile / 1 BIS mile on the itins or what? Trying to figure out if it's worth some quick running to get back FB status since i'm not in France as much these days.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
So if I was gunning for FB status, are these earning 1 FB mile / 1 BIS mile on the itins or what? Trying to figure out if it's worth some quick running to get back FB status since i'm not in France as much these days.
FT is not your personal customer service hotline :-) Your friend google should be happy to help.

In any case, SV earning on FB: https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...-airlines.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.