Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: YUL-SGN with Qsuites US$3,130

Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

At it's cheapest, the fare is US$3,055 (CAD$3,815), flying Qatar out of Montreal.

Example: YUL-DOH-SGN 05/02-05/08 -- $3,055

But for a little bit more you can include a domestic connection and fly QR out of ORD or PHL or JFK (soon to be a Qsuites destination). Some of these itineraries are bookable on qatarairways.com, while others require OTAs. I was able to price out an itinerary including QR701 and QR702 at US$3,130 using BookwithMatrix and Priceline.

Alternatively, it's possible to originate in YVR, YYC, or YEG and connect to QR at YUL via Air Canada. The cheapest of those itineraries are ~US$3,200.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
How are these QSuites flights?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
USD3000 return in J is hardly what I'd call a steal. And I'm not sure how you found out those are QSuites flights, but I'm not seeing it when looking at the seat maps.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Based on the ITA search results, it looks like you can go YUL-YYZ-PVG-SGN and back on a combination of WS and MU for around $2300 US. Coach on the YUL-YYZ legs but J on the rest.

As far as the QSuites goes, you can tell on a 773 seat map if the J cabin is 1-2-1 offset vs 2-2-2. I would look at this thread in the Qatar forum about QSuites. In the Wiki it indicates that there will be at least 9 aircraft with the new seats by March/April 2018 so one of the US-DOH routes could easily have the new seats. By that time there should be 359 aircraft with the new seats as well as 773.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Based on the ITA search results, it looks like you can go YUL-YYZ-PVG-SGN and back on a combination of WS and MU for around $2300 US. Coach on the YUL-YYZ legs but J on the rest.

As far as the QSuites goes, you can tell on a 773 seat map if the J cabin is 1-2-1 offset vs 2-2-2. I would look at this thread in the Qatar forum about QSuites. In the Wiki it indicates that there will be at least 9 aircraft with the new seats by March/April 2018 so one of the US-DOH routes could easily have the new seats. By that time there should be 359 aircraft with the new seats as well as 773.
'one of the US route could easily have the new seats' is not exactly The same as 'book this Canadian route to experience Qsuites' now is it?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by smit0847
'one of the US route could easily have the new seats' is not exactly The same as 'book this Canadian route to experience Qsuites' now is it?
The OP was talking about the availability of the QSuite seat on the JFK-DOH route.

And you posted "How are these QSuites flights?"

So IMO it actually is germane to the discussion.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:54 am
Original Poster

I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear. It has been announced that Qatar will be offering Qsuites on the QR701/QR702 frequency between JFK and DOH beginning December 2017. This YUL-SGN fare allows you to connect in New York and fly those flights.

Below is a screenshot of a trip that is bookable on Priceline for $3,125. Chinese carriers will definitely get you to SE Asia more cheaply, but this is a way to potentially experience Qsuites at a reasonable price with minimal positioning. Because it's something that doesn't turn up on Google Flights or the QR website, I thought it was worth sharing.
Attached Images  
flybit likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by qupasyd
I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear. )
It was adequately clear from your OP!!!

This route [well, maybe not exactly via DOH] will bring back some (un)happy memories for FT folk! (Though the attempt last time was in the reverse direction!!!)
ricktassie likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Crystal clear OP.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
What's the latest view on earning AAdvantage miles on Qatar when flying from Canada?

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ines/qatar.jsp (earn credit on flights between Middle East and US -- no reference to Canada or North America)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.