Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: YYZ/YOW/YUL-PEK r/t in J for US$2,070 (A350 suites)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:29 am
Original Poster

This looks like bookable without the hefty surcharge, at least for now.
https://goo.gl/flights/qq3W

Delta (DL) ZLA07PDD
PERMITTED 28SEP 17 THROUGH 30SEP 17 OR 01NOV 17 THROUGH 30NOV 17 OR 01JAN 18 THROUGH 28FEB 18 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 6 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
Edit: The A350 is scheduled to fly between DTW and PEK in Jan 2018. Available from YWG/YYC/YEG and possibly other cities too.

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Sep 30, 2017 at 3:37 am Reason: added notes
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The blgs have picked up on this, so if you want it, book quickly.

The min stay requirement makes this hard for me to jump on. Ah screw it, I booked it. Outbound on 2/27. I've never been to China! We'll see later today if I keep this or come to my senses and cancel/refund it.

I'm seeing the A350 through February. Goes away sometime in March.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Sep 30, 2017 at 10:16 am
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Remember that USA (and many other) citizens will need a visa for this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
Sad with delta I can’t get points with Alaska

that reason I am out
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
You should also google the weather if you plan to get out of the airport...
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:37 am

Has *A matched?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:38 am

Great catch, thx!

Is there a new booking class for the suites? I'd be pretty worried they do an equipment swap if you booked for the sole reason of getting that.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Check equipment carefully, seeing lots of 330 in January. One-way search DTW-PEK in ITA using "aircraft t:359" only shows every other day beginning 1/17. Daily from 2/23 onward.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:26 pm

Is this for PEK only? Can I select other Asian destinations, such as TPE, HKG, NRT/HND, SIN, or BKK?

I don't want to deal with the Chinese visa and heard that prolonged flight delays are very common in China. Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 97gst
Is there a new booking class for the suites? I'd be pretty worried they do an equipment swap if you booked for the sole reason of getting that.
Not sure, my flights booked into Z for the A350 legs and F for the legs to/from DTW. I'm not enough of a Delta regular to know if Z is a new class, but based on a bit of internet research it doesn't seem to be a new class.

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Is this for PEK only? Can I select other Asian destinations, such as TPE, HKG, NRT/HND, SIN, or BKK?
Go to Google flights/ITA and find out!

The appeal of this deal is it's on the A350 which Delta has plans to levy hefty surcharges on to be able to fly.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Cheaper with Amex, $1826

I booked this 1/17-1/24 through Amex Travel. As a Plat member (or anyone?) I was able to get IAP pricing, bringing the fare down to $1826.

There is typically a $39 booking fee, however they waived it for me because no Delta flights were showing on the Amex web booking portal.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:57 pm

Is anyone still getting this to book? I can't get it to price at that fare
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
The blgs have picked up on this, so if you want it, book quickly.

The min stay requirement makes this hard for me to jump on. Ah screw it, I booked it. Outbound on 2/27. I've never been to China! We'll see later today if I keep this or come to my senses and cancel/refund it.

I'm seeing the A350 through February. Goes away sometime in March.
What's the final decision? Congrats?

The min. stay requirement of 7 days (6 days with the date change on the outbound flight) is what's holding me back from booking it. I have been to China a ton.

Originally Posted by Barkinpark

I don't want to deal with the Chinese visa and heard that prolonged flight delays are very common in China. Thanks!
Only PEK, NRT, and ICN are current planned routes for the DL A350 out of DTW. I think ATL-ICN are also on the schedule after DTW-PEK

Flight delays =/= visa/customs

Originally Posted by mileageking
Has *A matched?
Not out of DTW they are not. That said, UA can get you to PEK from YYZ for a hundred dollars higher transiting through EWR (likewise, a direct flight would be thousands more).

As far as other *A A350 routes depart/arrive from North America, I think only OZ (ICN-SFO), LH (MUC-BOS), SQ (SIN-SFO) have them at this point.

Last edited by Repooc17; Sep 30, 2017 at 10:21 pm
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:21 am

Aircraft code

Originally Posted by Zorak
Check equipment carefully, seeing lots of 330 in January. One-way search DTW-PEK in ITA using "aircraft t:359" only shows every other day beginning 1/17. Daily from 2/23 onward.
Bless you for sharing how to do this. I'll be d@mned if I see "aircraft" as an option when I click on the ? icon for the routing/faring code list. If there is a more comprehensive list of routing/faring options I'd be indebted if you would please share it?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mimiray
Bless you for sharing how to do this. I'll be d@mned if I see "aircraft" as an option when I click on the ? icon for the routing/faring code list. If there is a more comprehensive list of routing/faring options I'd be indebted if you would please share it?
The (?) bubble is the first place to start, and one thing is to note that, in the current UI, the routing codes and extension codes have their own separate help bubbles.

There's also this FT thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...lp-thread.html

and the wiki at the top of that thread has links to a bunch of other tips/tricks threads. Happy reading!
mimiray likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.