Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Pakistan International Airways : KUL - LHE $493 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:08 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

- connects via Karachi, likely free stopover

- how is the 777 on PIA?

- books into G, earns on their own program Awards +PLus

https://www.kayak.com/flights/KUL-LH...02-15/business

Last edited by MightyTravels; Sep 28, 2017 at 11:14 am
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:13 am

LHE, not LHR
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:15 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jacksonx2000
LHE, not LHR
Oops, fixed.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:46 am

This is the typical pricing to/from KUL on pakistan air. OneMile blog has a review you can check. Angle flat, good option if you actually need to fly this route, not otherwise
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: Qatar Silver, Emirates Skyward Silver, SPG Gold , IHG Spire Elite
A lot of my family travel back home from UK to Pakistan and basically the airline is a shambles including the product in J. However non stop is usually the reason why people fly and the "decent price". Id rather go EK and stop off in DXB.
HMPS likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
This is the typical pricing to/from KUL on pakistan air. OneMile blog has a review you can check. Angle flat, good option if you actually need to fly this route, not otherwise
Add to that a good option if you don't mind arriving one, two or perhaps even three days late. The airline is probably the worst-run in the world with losses that make the likes Air Berlin look like a giant success story.

From what was many decades ago one of the best-run Asian airlines, it has become what is essentially one of the worst in on-board experience, cancelled flights and frequent delays.

That said, Pakistan in general and Lahore specifically are fantastic destinations for those wishing to visit a country off the beaten path and who can see through news headlines on terrorism and whatever the dotard occupying the White House shouts about countries he can't even point out at a map.

Fantastic sights to be seen, good food (if you like subcontinental cuisine) and genuinely friendly people who are all delighted to encounter a tourist and to help them out.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Add to that a good option if you don't mind arriving one, two or perhaps even three days late. The airline is probably the worst-run in the world with losses that make the likes Air Berlin look like a giant success story.

From what was many decades ago one of the best-run Asian airlines, it has become what is essentially one of the worst in on-board experience, cancelled flights and frequent delays.

That said, Pakistan in general and Lahore specifically are fantastic destinations for those wishing to visit a country off the beaten path and who can see through news headlines on terrorism and whatever the dotard occupying the White House shouts about countries he can't even point out at a map.

Fantastic sights to be seen, good food (if you like subcontinental cuisine) and genuinely friendly people who are all delighted to encounter a tourist and to help them out.
Well said.
Do read up on "incidents" on FT and the landing page story.
I would not dare fly PIA.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, British Airways Silver

Hear hear! Been living in Pakistan for six years and love it, despite the challenges. PIA is a bit of a mess, though...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by writermatt
Hear hear! Been living in Pakistan for six years and love it, despite the challenges. PIA is a bit of a mess, though...
What do you call [B]is a bit of a mess, though...[B]?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
But let's try to get it back on topic to PIA; even though I like the destination, I doubt it's an airline that is of any interest to the great majority of Flyertalkers outside of the few wanting to try it out for the sheer curiousity of it.

At least I can't really picture it in any of your (excellent and highly enjoyable ^ ) trip reports with Ms. SFO777 sitting in a dilapidated KHI airport terminal hearing the outbound flight is delayed for 30 hours in true PIA style

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 7, 2017 at 10:12 am Reason: Remove comment to deleted post
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
At least I can't really picture it in any of your (excellent and highly enjoyable ^ ) trip reports with Ms. SFO777 sitting in a dilapidated KHI airport terminal hearing the outbound flight is delayed for 30 hours in true PIA style
OMG. I'd be paying for that for years to come.
Thanks Romanianflyer.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by SFO777
OMG. I'd be paying for that for years to come.
Both the lawyers AND the divorce settlement!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:39 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Bloomberg feels Pakistan may actually start a tourism industry.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...arts-to-thrive
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Bloomberg feels Pakistan may actually start a tourism industry.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...arts-to-thrive
I wonder how many of its citizens can & will travel domestic locations. As to attracting Westerners, the terrorist groups ( many) would absolutely love it.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, British Airways Silver
Originally Posted by HMPS
I wonder how many of its citizens can & will travel domestic locations. As to attracting Westerners, the terrorist groups ( many) would absolutely love it.
This summer and last summer the northern areas of Pakistan were absolutely rammed with domestic tourists - thousands and thousands of them heading to Gilgit, Hunza, Kaghan, Chitral etc etc. Same over Eid. Only major mishap was the absolutely epic traffic jams. The new Chinese-built roads are making it much easier to reach the north and many are taking advantage.

Foreign tourists not so much, of course, but those of us that do enjoy the privilege of wandering around stunning mountain valleys and having them to ourselves...
Calchas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.