Saudi: CMB-CDG US$899 CMB-LHR $1038

Subscribe
Couldn't find this one posted anywhere.

Most days through to End of November

https://goo.gl/flights/cx9G
Available one-way as well. Nice.
This prices also work on some other Saudia destinations, the interesting one for me is IST for $646 on 330 and 777.
cmn, mad, man...
>12 hours layover on most of these routes = transit visa required yet Saudis don't issue transit visas = no deal.
Quote: >12 hours layover on most of these routes = transit visa required yet Saudis don't issue transit visas = no deal.
On what authority do you justify that statement? Transit visas are certainly possible for many people and not particularly difficult to obtain, with some exceptions (anecdotally during Ramadan and Hajj).
Quote: On what authority do you justify that statement? Transit visas are certainly possible for many people and not particularly difficult to obtain, with some exceptions (anecdotally during Ramadan and Hajj).
just a data point.
http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...-transit-visa/
Quote: On what authority do you justify that statement? Transit visas are certainly possible for many people and not particularly difficult to obtain, with some exceptions (anecdotally during Ramadan and Hajj).
I'll chime in and say that Saudi consulates in the USA do not issue transit visas under any circumstances. I've personally tried multiple times at various locations.

Booking a connection >12 hours is a recipe for disaster imo
I see you're from OZ, come to the US and try getting a transit visa at any of their consulates.

I was lurked by a deal here on SV sometime ago that included a 15 hour stop in JED, though when I tried getting a transit visa it was an absolute nightmare and I ended up cancelling at my own dime.

No more SV.
Seriously, why would anyone fly Saudi to begin with when there are so many other options available that are hassle/stress free without going on transit in Saudi for 10-12 hours?

I am just amazed people would even consider flying on Saudi and into Saudi to save $200-300 bucks for all the stress and hassle.
Not to mention positioning to CMB. Doesn't make any sense unless you're already positioned. And, only 75% MQM's on DL for the challenge. Pass.
Do SV offer any promotional fares to North America (JFK, IAD, YYZ)?
Quote: Not to mention positioning to CMB. Doesn't make any sense unless you're already positioned. And, only 75% MQM's on DL for the challenge. Pass.
Should have made a separate post but CGK-LHR in J OW with UL is quite a good deal too. Suppose it's easier for some!