Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Saudi: CMB-CDG US$899 CMB-LHR $1038

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold QFF WP AA EXP Marriott PPE HH Diam

Couldn't find this one posted anywhere.

Most days through to End of November

https://goo.gl/flights/cx9G
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Available one-way as well. Nice.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:40 am

This prices also work on some other Saudia destinations, the interesting one for me is IST for $646 on 330 and 777.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: TK E+
cmn, mad, man...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
>12 hours layover on most of these routes = transit visa required yet Saudis don't issue transit visas = no deal.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Originally Posted by redadeco
>12 hours layover on most of these routes = transit visa required yet Saudis don't issue transit visas = no deal.
On what authority do you justify that statement? Transit visas are certainly possible for many people and not particularly difficult to obtain, with some exceptions (anecdotally during Ramadan and Hajj).
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Yachtman
On what authority do you justify that statement? Transit visas are certainly possible for many people and not particularly difficult to obtain, with some exceptions (anecdotally during Ramadan and Hajj).
just a data point.
http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...-transit-visa/
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
I'll chime in and say that Saudi consulates in the USA do not issue transit visas under any circumstances. I've personally tried multiple times at various locations.

Booking a connection >12 hours is a recipe for disaster imo
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
I see you're from OZ, come to the US and try getting a transit visa at any of their consulates.

I was lurked by a deal here on SV sometime ago that included a 15 hour stop in JED, though when I tried getting a transit visa it was an absolute nightmare and I ended up cancelling at my own dime.

No more SV.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Seriously, why would anyone fly Saudi to begin with when there are so many other options available that are hassle/stress free without going on transit in Saudi for 10-12 hours?

I am just amazed people would even consider flying on Saudi and into Saudi to save $200-300 bucks for all the stress and hassle.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:51 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Not to mention positioning to CMB. Doesn't make any sense unless you're already positioned. And, only 75% MQM's on DL for the challenge. Pass.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Do SV offer any promotional fares to North America (JFK, IAD, YYZ)?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
Not to mention positioning to CMB. Doesn't make any sense unless you're already positioned. And, only 75% MQM's on DL for the challenge. Pass.
Should have made a separate post but CGK-LHR in J OW with UL is quite a good deal too. Suppose it's easier for some!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.