Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dl: Jfk-kef $1701 rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveholt
Not sure how you calculate you'll be in bad coach for 2/3 of the trip...
Great Circle Mapper. Addition and division.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Is JFK-KEF a year round route now?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by justforfun
Could not have been anything else except for the fact I was flying first/business.
I had not heard that they were now offering this. Previously I had been told that J fares were given a food/drink voucher at KEF but not given Saga Lounge access. Here's to hoping we get the same for our Nov trip!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Great Circle Mapper. Addition and division.
...JFK-KEF is a six-hour flight. If that's one-third of your flying time, where are you going in Europe from KEF that's going to take 12 hours?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...JFK-KEF is a six-hour flight. If that's one-third of your flying time, where are you going in Europe from KEF that's going to take 12 hours?
Duh, silly me, touche.
You'd be in bad coach for one-third of the trip!
My point remains though...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Anything that is over $100 per hour in J is definitely not a deal. Great deals start below $50 per hour.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:36 pm

If you combine with a LCC to most major cities in Europe, you can fly flat-bed over TATL with a short-hop in Y for under $2000 from the US. That's a deal.
While given the market conditions and convenience it may be a deal for the city pair, those same metrics make it a poor deal to continental Europe.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by AceReport
Did DL give it to you for your J return or was it from something else?
Returned KEF-JFK yesterday. Lounge access given for J return. DL agent filled out slips of paper for us to hand to agent in lounge. Beautiful lounge and quite empty at 9AM. Lounge after security but prior to passport control. Received Tumi amenity kit both going and returning (JFK-KEF-JFK) in non-lie flat seat. On return only also had new pillows and thick blankets as well.
AceReport likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WDE76
Returned KEF-JFK yesterday. Lounge access given for J return. DL agent filled out slips of paper for us to hand to agent in lounge. Beautiful lounge and quite empty at 9AM. Lounge after security but prior to passport control. Received Tumi amenity kit both going and returning (JFK-KEF-JFK) in non-lie flat seat. On return only also had new pillows and thick blankets as well.
Here's hoping that continues. I just double checked our pnr, both delta.com and google flights are saying lie flat but seatguru is saying recliner. For such a short flight I would really consider cancelling and rebooking C+ over F recliner,, don't see the $$ difference as worth it.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AceReport
Here's hoping that continues. I just double checked our pnr, both delta.com and google flights are saying lie flat but seatguru is saying recliner. For such a short flight I would really consider cancelling and rebooking C+ over F recliner,, don't see the $$ difference as worth it.
Except on rare occasions it's regular domestic 757 F seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.