Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TK: ARN-BKK rtn Business Class (J) 1094 GBP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT

Good availability from September 2017 onwards until summer 2018

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...ine=pk#results
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Great sale!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:30 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
this fare has been available all year long :]
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by palcsaky
Good availability from September 2017 onwards until summer 2018

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...ine=pk#results
Thanks for posting - it's a good fare, great find!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:27 am
AHO

Originally Posted by cln
this fare has been available all year long :]
Excactly.
Turkish Airlines has had year-around Business class saver fare from Nordic countries to Bangkok in many years (though the fare basis were different).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...k-1300usd.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-1123-r-t.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-business.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...0-eur-r-t.html
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is basically the standard fare from TK for STO-BKK in J.

My question is whether anybody has managed to open-jaw it, so that the return flight arrives somewhere more convenient for west/south Europe than Stockholm? Everything I try pushes the fare way up...
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif

My question is whether anybody has managed to open-jaw it, so that the return flight arrives somewhere more convenient for west/south Europe than Stockholm? Everything I try pushes the fare way up...
I flew back to the UK (Manchester). It cost something like Ł100 extra. But given is saved me the faff, cost and risk of a separate ARN MAN ticket, AND got me back half a day earlier - I was very happy.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R

Absolutely, this is the beauty of TK's ticketing and pricing. In fact, I have done open-jaw returning from different continents with lengthy/liberal stop-overs at IST. So much as that quite often I buy rt tickets and use only 1 direction for 1 trip and save another for next.

Quick example -

YYZ-IST-HKG/CAI-IST-YYZ

The airfare will be 1/2 of YYZ-HKG rt and 1/2 of YYZ-CAI rt, the only caveat is make sure you leave and return to the same continent/region. YYZ-IST-HKG/HKG-IST-CAI will price out of 2 one-way tickets.

For UK, it's always advantageous to fly into UK as opposed to fly out of since it reduces the airfares.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:57 pm
cln

try booking class Q ( eco ) back and upgrade it with miles or elite plus voucher , the price is decent then...
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA - Gold, Hilton - Diamond; Hyatt - Platinum, Accor - Platinum, Marriott - GOLD; SPG - Gold;
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I flew back to the UK (Manchester). It cost something like Ł100 extra. But given is saved me the faff, cost and risk of a separate ARN MAN ticket, AND got me back half a day earlier - I was very happy.
thats great thank you. What did you think of TK J Product, I have never flown with them and would like a bag a flight before the end of year as Qatar does not do anything exciting right now to BKK
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rashadik
qatar does not do anything exciting right now to bkk
qr vce-doh-bkk ~Ł1200.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vincewy
...For UK, it's always advantageous to fly into UK as opposed to fly out of since it reduces the airfares.
Well, yes: flying out of the UK with a direct connection in Istanbul means you pay the hefty APD tax to my government (thank you!)

But worth noting, if you leave from a UK airport, but break your journey in IST for 24H+, then the tax is reduced to its more manageable short-haul variety.

And as you say, they haven't yet thought of putting a tax on arriving passengers 😱

Always a pleasure to spend a day in Istanbul. Even more of a pleasure to avoid taxes!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cln
try booking class Q ( eco ) back and upgrade it with miles or elite plus voucher , the price is decent then...
Do you know of any easy way to search for Q (presumably the cheapest 100% status mile fare class)?

Neither ITA Matrix nor Google Flights seem to be well aligned with TK, particularly for anything complicated.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:47 am
cln

yes it works on ITA for me, just use routing code IST and tk should show up

ARN ( J ) - BKK - FRA ( Q ) works out pretty cheap compared to all in J

and cheaper than oneway :]
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
Absolutely, this is the beauty of TK's ticketing and pricing. In fact, I have done open-jaw returning from different continents with lengthy/liberal stop-overs at IST. So much as that quite often I buy rt tickets and use only 1 direction for 1 trip and save another for next.

Quick example -

YYZ-IST-HKG/CAI-IST-YYZ

The airfare will be 1/2 of YYZ-HKG rt and 1/2 of YYZ-CAI rt, the only caveat is make sure you leave and return to the same continent/region. YYZ-IST-HKG/HKG-IST-CAI will price out of 2 one-way tickets.

For UK, it's always advantageous to fly into UK as opposed to fly out of since it reduces the airfares.
hi, how much did you pay for this trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.