Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] OW/ST Business fares AMS/PRG/BUD-LAS/BOS/WAS/PHL/YYZ and more...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] OW/ST Business fares AMS/PRG/BUD-LAS/BOS/WAS/PHL/YYZ and more...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum

Hi All,

Yesterday evening I noticed a bunch of interesting prices ex AMS/PRG/BUD for LAS/DCA/PHL/BOS. Also AMS-YYZ and YUL it seems. Depending on the dates and routings it could be as low as 1350 Euros RT. Departures and returns mid week it seems. 60 days booking in advance required it also seems. No stopovers allowed. As I wanted to be on holidays on both coasts, try different cabins and airlines and add a TP run to this exxperience, I managed to book the following, giving 740 TP and good business class cabins. I could have found cheaper options (150 Euros cheaper ex-BUD, with different options on the way back like via JFK and not ORD). Paid 1994 USD on AA.com, via bookwithmatrix.com. Ticketed in 001 in 30 min. Got a few flights coded BA or IB, which will bring almost 35000 Avios and 740TP in total.

Another example with 740TP :

But you can find even cheaper by flying with only 1-2 stops. Cheaper seems to be ex-BUD.

https://www.google.fr/flights/?f=0&g...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

Also found durng the process good deals on LUX-JFK and DUB-HNL (maybe the latter is the usual advance booking price, I saw departures before Xmas for 2100 euros)
ChurchofTee likes this.

Last edited by palmanfr; Aug 5, 2017 at 12:49 am
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
I needed to be in both Amsterdam and Las Vegas next June so I played around with this.. I got 950TP and 38,000 avios as a Gold BA for $ 1975.05

I managed the Finnair A350, BA1 and Transcons both ways. My return A320T even booked into First! Very very happy with this deal thanks for sharing
Ursa81 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ianfly
I needed to be in both Amsterdam and Las Vegas next June so I played around with this.. I got 950TP and 38,000 avios as a Gold BA for $ 1975.05

I managed the Finnair A350, BA1 and Transcons both ways. My return A320T even booked into First! Very very happy with this deal thanks for sharing
Great ! Especially the fact you got first class on the transcon! Too bad this fare did not allow stopovers, i would have enjoyed a ride "for free" between the west and the east coasts...
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:55 pm

I haven't looked at the fare rules but I see some August departures. Also ex RTM seems to shave around €60 compared to AMS.

ST and *A also have reduced (but a bit higher than OW) fares.

Last edited by kilo; Aug 5, 2017 at 1:01 pm
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold

Hi Ian - how do you get the Transcon into First?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
There are also many good business class fares ex DUB. But mostly, the best fares are DUB/AMS-LAS-AMS. Mostly, Tue outbound; Mon, Tue and Wed inbound.

I booked and ticketed:
DUB-LHR-YVR 31OCT All BA (AA coded flight numbers)
LAS-LHR-AMS 10JAN All BA (AA coded flight numbers)

€1375 / US$1619 / C$2048
360 TP

Use Google Flights to search, then click the link to AA website. Doing on BA or AA website directly are more expensive.

Thanks, OP.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by sllee
There are also many good business class fares ex DUB. But mostly, the best fares are DUB/AMS-LAS-AMS. Mostly, Tue outbound; Mon, Tue and Wed inbound.

I booked and ticketed:
DUB-LHR-YVR 31OCT All BA (AA coded flight numbers)
LAS-LHR-AMS 10JAN All BA (AA coded flight numbers)

€1375 / US$1619 / C$2048
360 TP

Use Google Flights to search, then click the link to AA website. Doing on BA or AA website directly are more expensive.

Thanks, OP.
wouldnt it be better for a BAEC member to do BA numbers for more tier points? And therefore book through BA website?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Numb3rs
wouldnt it be better for a BAEC member to do BA numbers for more tier points? And therefore book through BA website?
TP from BA and AA numbers are identical with one one possible exception wher ianfly seemed to get F on the AA transcon which would get him more TP. Avios generally now works out to more if you book with BA since there's 50% instead of 25% extra for business class.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Hi Ian - how do you get the Transcon into First?
I used book with matrix and found that the return transcon went under a BA flight number. It was only when I checked manage my booking and wondered where the extra TPs came from that I noticed it was First.

Sorry I can't be more help, I honestly have no idea what I did
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:11 am

Knows everybody the travel period ? I want to hopp off as short as is possible
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Expedia Gold, British Airways Silver, Club Carlson Gold
This looks like the Western version of the AMS-LON starting routing which also is an extremely flexible ticket that lets you go to Bangkok also with transfers and fun on the way. All for approximately the same price.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ursa81
This looks like the Western version of the AMS-LON starting routing which also is an extremely flexible ticket that lets you go to Bangkok also with transfers and fun on the way. All for approximately the same price.
really? I tried every possible route when building mine and couldn't make it work.

Can you show an example please
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKA380
Knows everybody the travel period ? I want to hopp off as short as is possible
7 day minimum stay
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:01 am

really? I tried every possible route when building mine and couldn't make it work.

Can you show an example please
Agreed, I'd be super interested in how to make that routing work.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
OK I am thinking of PRG-LHR-DFW-MIA-LAS RT which is about 40k EQM, but, I cannot get it to work on AA.com via bookwithmatrix. I had it earlier today, but I get "system error" message when booking through AA.com now. Anyone know what can be wrong? Tried couple computers and various browsers and still same message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.